Metan to launch writers coalition for multi-platform projects
Los Angeles – Metan Development Group (Metan) and a coalition of North America’s top TV and film writers, have joined forces to launch Metan Wen Zhi Ku, a joint venture linking Western writing talent with transmedia projects for the China market, the announcement was made by Larry Namer, President/ CEO, Metan and writers Art Eisenson and David Gittins.
Eisenson and Gittins head up a collective of the most respected writers from TV and film, who have signed on as part of Metan Wen Zhi Ku’s talent roster, that includes Marilyn Anderson (Murphy Brown, The Jeffersons, Fame), Michael Elias (The Jerk,Head of the Class, All In The Family, The Bill Cosby Show), Eric Estrin (Cagney and Lacy, Miami Vice, Murder She Wrote), Lynn Roth (The Paper Chase, Nine To Five series), Judith Parker (L.A. Law), Bob Shayne (Magnum P.I.,Knight Rider, Hart to Hart, Welcome Back Kotter) and Treva Silverman (Mary Tyler Moore, The Monkeys, Room 222, Romancing the Stone, plus many others who have worked on some of television’s most loved shows including Dallas, Dynasty,The Golden Girls, Hawaii 5-0, Happy Days, Charlie’s Angels, and Star Trek: The Next Generation.
Metan Wen Zhi Ku (which in English translates to “writing mastermind”) will have access to an unprecedented talent pool of over 2,000 writers. They now will have a new opportunity to reinvent their careers, and be afforded the freedom to lend their expertise as storytellers for multi-platform projects in the developing China media market.
“When Metan first met with Art and David, we immediately saw an amazing chance to not only celebrate some of the entertainment world’s most talented writers, but to provide them with new international opportunities,” comments Namer. “While China’s media business is developing at a rapid pace, core skills of storytelling are lacking. We believe that Metan Wen Zhi Ku will fill this void.”
After the China market, the company plans to expand to other emerging media markets, including India, Brazil and Russia/ CIS. In addition to writing, top U.S. writers will also be involved in mentoring and teaching foreign content creators in the art of storytelling.
Jay Kenoff serves as legal counsel for the joint venture. Writers will be compensated on a per-project basis, with additional opportunities for profit sharing.
- Colors Kannada launches ‘BIGG BOSS Kannada’ Season 8 87 views | posted on February 26, 2021
- The Walt Disney Company Asia Pacific announces leadership team 68 views | posted on March 1, 2021
- Hong Kong FILMART Online to open on 15 March 68 views | posted on March 3, 2021
- Flame Distribution to handle global sales of ‘Life in Colour With David Attenborough’ 57 views | posted on February 26, 2021
Asian Television Awards
- Here are your winners for the 25th Asian Television Awards – Day One by Monina Eugenio | posted on January 16, 2021
- The 25th Asian Television Awards ends on a high note with Entertainment and Performance Category winners announced by Monina Eugenio | posted on January 17, 2021
- 25th Asian Television Awards spotlight: ATA Director S.S. Vikneshwaran by Monina Eugenio | posted on December 28, 2020
- The 25th Asian Television Awards receives nominations from across the Asia Pacific by TVA Editor | posted on December 16, 2020