CBS has ordered two more editions of Survivor to be broadcast during the 2014-2015 season. Five-time Emmy Award winner Jeff Probst has signed a new agreement to return as host and executive producer. Probst has hosted Survivor since its inception in May 2000.
After 27 seasons, 413 episodes and 406 castaways, Survivor remains a gold standard of quality in television and a consistent ratings winner.
The most recent edition, Survivor: Blood vs. Water, delivered one of the most buzzed about instalments in the history of the series as former players competed alongside their relatives for the title of Sole Survivor. The finale ofSurvivor: Blood vs. Water airs Sunday, December 15 , followed by the one-hour live reunion show hosted by Jeff Probst.
“We are thrilled to announce this landmark renewal for Survivor, a groundbreaking show that changed the TV landscape and helped usher in a new era of ratings dominance for the Network,” said Nina Tassler, President, CBS Entertainment.”Survivor continues to set the bar for outstanding production values, compelling storytelling while delivering fresh new adventures every season. The show’s enduring success is a testament to the creativity and passion of Mark Burnett and Jeff Probst, and an amazing production team. We’re proud to continue this incredible journey together.”
“I am thrilled that our fans get to continue their love affair with Survivor on CBS through 2015,” said Executive Producer Mark Burnett. “This current season has become one of the most-loved seasons ever and I promise our fans to make season 29 and 30 even better… I LOVE SURVIVOR!!!”
“Survivor has been blessed with incredibly loyal fans,” said Host and Executive Producer Jeff Probst. “We make this show for them and I am thrilled that we get to do it again.”
- GMA News and GMA Public Affairs are the top online news outlets in the Philippines 203 views | posted on August 4, 2020
- CJ ENM Hong Kong partners with iQIYI International to bring tvN movies SVOD service regionally 52 views | posted on August 7, 2020
- Korean superstar, Yoo Ah-In of Spackman Entertainment Group’s Associated Company, Spackman Media Group, to star in Netflix’s new Korean original series, ‘Hellbound’ 38 views | posted on August 4, 2020
- Multiple-award winning Thai film ‘Bad Genius’ has been turned into a 12-part series on Dimsum Entertainment’s platform 37 views | posted on August 6, 2020
Asian Television Awards
- Asian Television Awards to hold its 25th awards ceremony in Phnom Penh, Cambodia posted on July 7, 2020