YouTube and Screen Australia to support online content creators
Sydney, Australia – YouTube and Screen Australia have announced a new programme to expand support for online content creators in Australia. The Skip Ahead programme is designed to provide Australian YouTube creators with the funding and production resources they need to create unique online content and engage new audiences around the world.
“Screen Australia and YouTube aim to provide this talent pool with the resources to develop episodic storylines,” she said.
Screen Australia and YouTube will jointly contribute a total of $400,000 to the Skip Ahead programme to support innovative content creators who produce stories for an online audience. Additionally, selected artists will receive access to production resources and a trip to work at the YouTube Space in Los Angeles in 2014.
“YouTube has launched thousands of careers and helped Australian creators reach audiences around the world. This programme will encourage even more of our artists to create unique online content, and we can’t wait to see what they come up with,” said Maile Carnegie, Managing Director of Google Australia New Zealand.
Australian artists who have built a following on YouTube, with a minimum subscriber base, and are consistently creating new original content will be eligible to apply.
- Meet the K-drama stars of the new series ‘Kairos’ on #TwitterBlueroom Live before its premiere 110 views | posted on October 23, 2020
- Netflix picks up Philippine adaptation of ‘Descendants of the Sun’ aired on GMA Network 63 views | posted on October 19, 2020
- BBC Studios, Bilibili sign new content sales and production agreement to bring the best of BBC to China 42 views | posted on October 19, 2020
- Netflix action-thriller ‘6 Underground’ becomes the first movie to receive a rebate for outsourcing its visual effects to Malaysia 41 views | posted on October 19, 2020
Asian Television Awards
- Asian Television Awards to hold its 25th awards ceremony in Phnom Penh, Cambodia by Monina Eugenio | posted on July 7, 2020
- Asian Television Awards broadcaster spotlight: Bangkok Broadcasting & T.V. Co., Ltd. by Monina Eugenio | posted on August 15, 2020