FremantleMedia acquires majority stake in Miso Film
London – FremantleMedia has announced that it has signed a deal to acquire a majority stake in Miso Film, a Danish scripted production company. Under the deal – financial terms of which are not disclosed – FremantleMedia will have a 51% holding with the opportunity to acquire the remaining shareholding in the future.
Founded in 2004 by the producer team Jonas Allen and Peter Bose, Miso Film has established itself as a preeminent Scandinavian production company focused on high end prime-time TV series and films for the Scandinavian and larger European markets.
Cecile Frot-Coutaz, CEO FremantleMedia, commented: “This is an important milestone in building our prime time scripted business and strengthening our position in the Scandinavian market. Jonas and Peter’s talent and strong track record in producing high end drama, together with their current slate, makes Miso Film a perfect fit for FremantleMedia and complements our existing high end scripted business in the U.S., Germany and Australia.”
Jonas Allen and Peter Bose, Miso Film founders, commented: “Partnering with FremantleMedia is an important step forward in Miso Film’s growth strategy. We strongly believe that FremantleMedia will be a key driver in Miso Film’s further expansion in the Scandinavian market and release the full potential of the company’s productions internationally.”
- Netflix original series ‘Better Than Us’ sets independent second season with Organic Media, Wudi Pictures for streaming in Greater China 75 views | posted on November 18, 2020
- Hearst Television Station utilises TVU Networks for daily remote broadcast 43 views | posted on November 18, 2020
- E1 Championship flags off with the region’s top sim-racers competing for a share of US$15,000 40 views | posted on November 19, 2020
- Quintus acquires factual titles for its VOD channels Free Documentary and Free Documentary Nature 36 views | posted on November 20, 2020
Asian Television Awards
- Asian Television Awards to hold its 25th awards ceremony in Phnom Penh, Cambodia by Monina Eugenio | posted on July 7, 2020
- Asian Television Awards broadcaster spotlight: Bangkok Broadcasting & T.V. Co., Ltd. by Monina Eugenio | posted on August 15, 2020