Seoul/ Singapore – The BBC has announced the inaugural launch of BBC World News in HD in South Korea. LG U+ launched the channel to U+ TV subscribers on November 1, 2013.
BBC World News is the BBC’s commercially-funded international 24-hour news channel, and leads the way in Asia with native HD from source. Earlier this year the channel started broadcasting from the heart of the BBC Newsroom in new state-of-the-art HD studios in the BBC’s new London headquarters.
Colin Lawrence, Distribution Director, BBC Global News Limited, said: “BBC World News has had a spectacular year in landing our state-of-the-art HD service in Asia. What’s key is that we have invested in fully high definition systems at our studios and playout centres, and have opted for the highest quality encoding and distribution network. This ensures that we are able to present the world’s best journalism in original and rich high definition. It’s easy for both our partners and audiences to experience the benefit which this brings, and in terms of innovation puts moves BBC World News ahead of its competitors. This latest partnership with LGU+ further demonstrates how the channel has made its mark throughout Asia in 2013.”
- StudioCanal promotes TV, digital, and film execs in strategic global content move 93 views | posted on September 22, 2020
- Viu announces the launch of the inaugural Viu Pitching Forum in Malaysia 54 views | posted on September 21, 2020
- Abacus Media Rights sells CBC original series ‘Trickster’ to NITV & SBS On Demand Australia and more 45 views | posted on September 21, 2020
- Nippon TV’s ‘Your Turn To Kill’ receives award at 2020 Seoul International Drama Awards 37 views | posted on September 21, 2020
Asian Television Awards
- Asian Television Awards broadcaster spotlight: Bangkok Broadcasting & T.V. Co., Ltd. by Monina Eugenio | posted on August 15, 2020
- Asian Television Awards to hold its 25th awards ceremony in Phnom Penh, Cambodia by Monina Eugenio | posted on July 7, 2020