“The Walking Dead” S4 to premiere worldwide on the heels of U.S. launch
Los Angeles – International fans of The Walking Dead will be able to catch the season four premiere on FOX channels around the world within 24 hours of the U.S. premiere on October 13, 2013.
The Walking Dead is available in all major markets, including Australia, UK, Germany, Spain, Portugal, Italy, Poland, Turkey, Balkans, Baltic, Norway, Netherlands, all of Latin America, all of the Middle East, Japan, Korea, Hong Kong, Singapore and South Africa.
In a global television first, FOX International Channels (FIC), who for the past seasons launched the series within the first week of the U.S. broadcast, has further narrowed the gap for its 200 million FOX viewers around the world.
This is the first time ever the worldwide premiere follows the U.S. launch so closely, demonstrating FIC’s commitment to fans of the series, and to a global release strategy aimed to actively combat piracy.
The global release strategy was introduced for season one and is core to the success the series enjoys internationally. Seasons one, two and three broke records in terms of international critical acclaim and ratings performance. Season three of the series ranked #1 in markets including Mexico, Brazil, Italy, Spain, Portugal and Australia. The Walking Dead remains FIC’s strongest-ever performing and most talked-about series globally.
The heavyweight global marketing campaigns FOX executes for the series rival theatrical campaigns in scope and scale. This year’s push includes cross-media tactics across traditional media, apps, online games and social activations, on-ground events including zombie invasion stunts, zombie walks, premiere parties, publicity tours, special graphic channel takeovers across FIC’s 300+ strong portfolio, and more.
“We’re committed to delivering huge tentpole hits like The Walking Dead to our fans as quickly as we can. And we pull out all the stops to do it in a huge way,” said Liz Dolan, FIC’s Chief Marketing Officer.
- HBO confirmed as official partner on ‘Miss Fisher’s Murder Mysteries’ spin-off ‘Miss S’ 63 views | posted on September 16, 2020
- Spackman Entertainment Group’s ‘#ALIVE’ number one on Netflix globally 50 views | posted on September 15, 2020
- ZEASN announces brand-new Smart TV App Store V3.0 34 views | posted on September 18, 2020
- ABP Network focuses on telling inspiring stories gleaned from across the nation 32 views | posted on September 16, 2020
Asian Television Awards
- Asian Television Awards broadcaster spotlight: Bangkok Broadcasting & T.V. Co., Ltd. by Monina Eugenio | posted on August 15, 2020
- Asian Television Awards to hold its 25th awards ceremony in Phnom Penh, Cambodia by Monina Eugenio | posted on July 7, 2020