Seven and Beyond Productions to create international programming
Sydney, Australia – Australia’s Seven Network and Beyond Productions have announced a development and marketing venture to create new programming initially for the North American marketplace. The venture will be called 7Beyond and has established a Los Angeles office.
The new venture builds on Seven’s leading presence in the creation of content in Australia and increasingly in international markets, and Beyond’s track record in the production of programming for the U.S. television market.
For nearly 30 years, Beyond Productions has been developing and producing programming for U.S. broadcasters starting with the U.S. version of Beyond 2000 – Beyond Tomorrow in 1988, through to over 200 episodes of the global smash MythBusters. Other long running series such as Taboo and Deadly Women have also been made for U.S. broadcasters with a total of some 5,000 hours being produced by Beyond.
This year Seven Productions will commission, create and produce nearly 700 hours of television and is recognised as a leader in the production of scripted, entertainment, reality, observational documentaries and children’s programming – with major projects including My Kitchen Rules, Border Security, House Rules, Home and Away, Packed to the Rafters and A Place to Call Home.
Brad Lyons, Director of Network Production for the Seven Network said: Our success in television is built on great ideas, and creating and commissioning great programmes. Our success in production and most importantly our people are driving a growth business for Seven Productions. This business is expanding
dramatically. A key focus for us is taking our ideas and our content further into international markets. This strategy involves partnering with strategic alliances such as this venture with Beyond. Beyond has a fantastic team and we are looking forward to creating great new content with them.”
John Luscombe, EVP and GM of Beyond Productions said: “Beyond has a great reputation for developing innovative and sustainable formats for the American marketplace. Joining forces with Australia’s largest producer and leading free-to-air network is a great way to expand our long standing production business in the United States.”
- AXN All-Stars reunites entertainment heavyweights in a heart-warming virtual collaborative performance 80 views | posted on November 27, 2020
- iQIYI International expands global footprint with launch on Zeasn’s Whale Eco 69 views | posted on November 27, 2020
- Astro Media Solutions and Smiley ink exclusive media license partnership 57 views | posted on November 26, 2020
- Netflix brings a variety of entertainment with seven new Korean films and series 47 views | posted on November 26, 2020
Asian Television Awards
- Asian Television Awards to hold its 25th awards ceremony in Phnom Penh, Cambodia by Monina Eugenio | posted on July 7, 2020
- Asian Television Awards broadcaster spotlight: Bangkok Broadcasting & T.V. Co., Ltd. by Monina Eugenio | posted on August 15, 2020