NTV and Israeli DMG to launch international format of Japanese show
The agreement between NTV and DMG, for the redevelopment of the format for the international market in collaboration with the Israeli Studio Glam, gives the partners joint ownership of the international format, and DMG will have exclusive global distribution rights for this popular Japanese format.
AHA! Experience is a test for the brain that focuses not on what you know, but what you see. Contestants think they know what is right in front of their eyes, but this is put to the test by pitting contestants’ powers of perception against each other. Contestants will watch movie clips, moving images, puzzles and pictures, all of which change as they are being seen. Different contestants from diverse occupations, ages and social backgrounds will try to train their brain.
Nadav Palti, President and CEO of Dori Media Group, commented: “We are delighted to be a part of the redevelopment of the new product as well as to have secured global distribution rights to one of the most successful quiz shows in Japan. AHA! Experience has stood the test of time in one of the world’s largest and most competitive TV markets and we have no doubt that its success can be replicated. It has already been seen that Japanese shows can be successful international formats, and a quiz format such as this is a perfect vehicle for adaptation because its visuals are universal. We are honoured that NTV has chosen DMG to be their partners in developing this format for the international market.”
Dori Media Group is an international group of media companies, located in Israel, Switzerland, Argentina and the U.S. The group produces and distributes TV and New Media content, broadcasts various TV channels and operates video-content internet sites.
- Meet the K-drama stars of the new series ‘Kairos’ on #TwitterBlueroom Live before its premiere 136 views | posted on October 23, 2020
- Asian storytelling, reimagined: New genres, fresh opportunities for Asian creators at the Singapore Media Festival 2020 47 views | posted on October 21, 2020
- Hotstar launches in Singapore with exclusive streaming of the Dream11 IPL 2020 Playoffs and Final 43 views | posted on October 20, 2020
- Abacus Media Rights appoints distribution sales expert Hana Palmer as Head of Sales 37 views | posted on October 21, 2020
Asian Television Awards
- Asian Television Awards to hold its 25th awards ceremony in Phnom Penh, Cambodia by Monina Eugenio | posted on July 7, 2020
- Asian Television Awards broadcaster spotlight: Bangkok Broadcasting & T.V. Co., Ltd. by Monina Eugenio | posted on August 15, 2020