Cannes, France – Corus Entertainment’s Nelvana Enterprises’ agent, Ciwen Media Group, has entered into a deal with China’s national broadcaster Chinese Central Television (CCTV) to air preschool series Franklin and Friends for the first time on its children’s channel, CCTV Kids Channel. Airing in Chinese, the 52 x 30′ hit animated series premiered in China on September 23, 2013.
As part of the translation, the opening song of the series was recorded by CCTV Kids’ popular channel host, Uncle Dong Hao.
The broadcast deal follows Nelvana’s content acquisition and representation deal with Ciwen Media Group, which granted the Chinese firm exclusive distribution rights and merchandise representation rights across a broad array of categories for Franklin and Friends as well as several other Nelvana brands.
Franklin and Friends
Franklin and Friends appeals to children across the globe, and its educational value transcends national boundaries,” says Sean Chu, Vice President of Ciwen Kids. “We are very excited to bring Franklin and Friends to China’s children and to be a part of this landmark licensing agreement.”
- Singaporean Tyen Rasif wins ‘Asian Dream’ 33 views | posted on September 23, 2020
- True crime documentary series ‘The Night Caller’ pre-sales from Abacus Media Rights 31 views | posted on September 25, 2020
- Blue Ant Media promotes Jamie Schouela to President, Global Channels and Media; Carlyn Staudt to Global General Manager, Love Nature 30 views | posted on September 24, 2020
- GMA Network launches new Asian-pop culture digital channel 30 views | posted on September 24, 2020
Asian Television Awards
- Asian Television Awards broadcaster spotlight: Bangkok Broadcasting & T.V. Co., Ltd. by Monina Eugenio | posted on August 15, 2020
- Asian Television Awards to hold its 25th awards ceremony in Phnom Penh, Cambodia by Monina Eugenio | posted on July 7, 2020