MIPCOM: Telemundo to remake “Les Mis” in Spanish for TV
Cannes – Telemundo Internacional announced at a press conference held in Cannes, France, that the well-known Mexican actress Aracely Arambula will play the leading role in the new telenovela based on Victor Hugo’s classic work Les Miserables, to be produced by Telemundo in 2014. Valentina Parraga, the acclaimed writer for Telemundo’s ratings successes La Reina del Sur (The Queen of the South) and La Patrona (The Return), heads the adaptation of this new mega-production by Telemundo Studios.
Arambula had a resounding success in the leading role in La Patrona –a story that mirrors the famous novel The Count of Monte Cristo.
“We are very proud of this project, which is another brilliant production that will carry our brand, and we anticipate it will have excellent results,” stated Marcos Santana, President of Telemundo Internacional. “Telemundo is the only Spanish-language company that leads in this type of melodrama-genre offer for international markets,” he added.
Valentina Parraga adapted La Patrona – Telemundo’s No. 1 novela at 9pm – as well as the powerful action drama La Reina del Sur – Telemundo’s highest-rated novela ever – based on the book by Arturo Perez-Reverte, both of which regularly beat English language programmes and broke existing records for Telemundo’s Spanish-language television broadcasts in the United States, as well as other international broadcasts.
- Meet the K-drama stars of the new series ‘Kairos’ on #TwitterBlueroom Live before its premiere 110 views | posted on October 23, 2020
- Netflix picks up Philippine adaptation of ‘Descendants of the Sun’ aired on GMA Network 63 views | posted on October 19, 2020
- BBC Studios, Bilibili sign new content sales and production agreement to bring the best of BBC to China 42 views | posted on October 19, 2020
- Netflix action-thriller ‘6 Underground’ becomes the first movie to receive a rebate for outsourcing its visual effects to Malaysia 41 views | posted on October 19, 2020
Asian Television Awards
- Asian Television Awards to hold its 25th awards ceremony in Phnom Penh, Cambodia by Monina Eugenio | posted on July 7, 2020
- Asian Television Awards broadcaster spotlight: Bangkok Broadcasting & T.V. Co., Ltd. by Monina Eugenio | posted on August 15, 2020