MIPCOM: FremantleMedia International signs digital deal with Youku
Cannes – FremantleMedia International has announced a landmark multi-year digital deal with the China-headquartered portal, Youku. The agreement will see a variety of FremantleMedia’s entertainment and drama content available to online audiences, averaging 14 million unique users a day.
Second only to YouTube in terms of worldwide viewership, Youku also has an incredible 200 million mobile users. FremantleMedia is one of the first independent distributors to strike such a deal with the enormously popular platform.
Taking a wide selection of content exclusively for its VOD channels, youku.com, youku.net and tudou.com, some 202 hours of programming will be available on Youku in the first year. Initial properties include the recently launched Total Black Out USA along with several FremantleMedia International global hit series such as The X Factor USA S3, America’s Got Talent S8, Project RunwayS11, Celebrity Apprentice S6 and American Idol S13.
- Zee and Tokyo Broadcasting System Television, Inc. announce new co-production partnership 81 views | posted on April 12, 2021
- Anime titles from Medialink Group’s Ani-One library to start streaming on Mediacorp’s meWATCH platform 73 views | posted on April 12, 2021
- SynProNize and ATV take Turkish drama series ‘Hercai’ to Pakistan 44 views | posted on April 12, 2021
- BBC Studios licenses the scripted format ‘Doctor Foster’ to ABS-CBN 35 views | posted on April 13, 2021
Asian Television Awards
- Here are your winners for the 25th Asian Television Awards – Day One by Monina Eugenio | posted on January 16, 2021
- The 25th Asian Television Awards ends on a high note with Entertainment and Performance Category winners announced by Monina Eugenio | posted on January 17, 2021
- Asian Television Awards to hold its 25th awards ceremony in Phnom Penh, Cambodia by Monina Eugenio | posted on July 7, 2020
- The 25th Asian Television Awards receives nominations from across the Asia Pacific by TVA Editor | posted on December 16, 2020