MIPCOM: BBC Worldwide announces pre-sales for factual series
BBC Worldwide has announced pre-sales for Hidden Kingdoms to a raft of broadcasters, ahead of MIPCOM 2013. The three-part series from BBC’s Natural History Unit, co-produced with Discovery, RTL, France Télévisions and CCTV9 in association with R.T.I S.p.A., has been licensed to Australia (Network Ten), South Africa (BBC Knowledge), Sweden (SVT) and Iceland (RÚV).
Hidden Kingdoms (3 x 50′) is produced by Mark Brownlow (Planet Earth, South Pacific) and the Executive Producer of Africa, Life and One Life (Mike Gunton).
Wild Brazil is another new title on BBC Worldwide’s factual slate, pre-sold to Germany (WDR) and Sweden (SVT). The series comes from the producers of Meerkat Manor and Elephant Diaries (Lucinda Axelsson) and 24/ 7 Wild and Springwatch (Tim Scoones).
Mark Reynolds, Director, Factual Content BBC Worldwide said: “The pre-sales for our outstanding productions such as Hidden Kingdoms and Wild Brazil are a testament to the quality of BBC Worldwide’s content at MIPCOM this year. Our factual slate has something for everyone. Hidden Kingdoms, Deadly Pole to Pole, Life Below Zero – The Thaw and Wild Brazil take your breath away, The Moaning of Life and Top Gear offer wit and surprising insights and How to Build a Planet gives an opportunity to learn more about the world.”
Another series on BBC Worldwide’s factual slate, being produced by Adjacent Productions for The National Geographic Channel U.S., is Life Below Zero – The Thaw (6×45’). It follows the drama and hardships experienced by four Alaskan households in different corners of this merciless territory as they face a whole new set of challenges after the harsh winter.
- KC Global Media expands distribution in Cambodia, Malaysia, and the Philippines 76 views | posted on June 10, 2021
- Viu offers a special treat to frontline food delivery heroes of Singapore 60 views | posted on June 9, 2021
- Cignal TV, TV5, Smart, and PLDT join forces to deliver multi-platform world-class coverage of the Olympic Games Tokyo 2020 50 views | posted on June 14, 2021
- Red Fiber offers special deals and sets expansion goals for seamless customer experience in the Philippines 45 views | posted on June 10, 2021
Asian Television Awards
- Here are your winners for the 25th Asian Television Awards – Day One by Monina Eugenio | posted on January 16, 2021
- The 25th Asian Television Awards ends on a high note with Entertainment and Performance Category winners announced by Monina Eugenio | posted on January 17, 2021
- The Asian Television Awards announces Facebook as official industry partner by TVA Editor | posted on May 11, 2021
- Asian Television Awards to hold its 25th awards ceremony in Phnom Penh, Cambodia by Monina Eugenio | posted on July 7, 2020