Global Eagle Entertainment acquires IFE Services Limited
Los Angeles, California – Global Eagle Entertainment Inc. has announced that it has acquired Travel Entertainment Group Equity Limited, the UK-based parent company of IFE Services Limited (IFE Services) from GCP Capital Partners LLP for approximately $36 million in cash. The acquisition expands Global Eagle’s leadership in delivering content and software solutions to the international travel industry.
Global Eagle’s purchase of IFE Services follows closely on the Company’s acquisition of digital content leader Post Modern Group (PMG) in July 2013. With a 20-year history, IFE Services provides a broad range of content solutions, spanning movies, TV programmes, games, mobile apps, publications, safety videos and technical support to a worldwide client base of over 50 airline and cruise ship operators. IFE Services has a particularly strong customer presence among quickly-growing airlines in developing markets in Africa, Asia and South America.
“This acquisition is in line with our strategic objective to grow our position as the leading provider of in-flight media, to broaden our client base and to further strengthen the combined service offerings we provide to airlines worldwide,” said John LaValle, Chief Executive Officer of GlobalEagle. “The addition of IFE Services will significantly enhance our presence in multiple fast-growing, emerging markets where our combined service offerings are in demand. We look forward to working together with IFE’s CEO Andy McEwan and the talented team at IFE Services in bringing our innovative solutions to the worldwide travel industry.”
“This is another transaction that we expect to be highly complementary to our existing business,” said Dave Davis, Chief Financial Officer of Global Eagle. “In addition to adding IFE Service’s strong cash flows, we believe we can unlock substantial efficiencies from our combined operations to the benefit of our shareholders. At the same time, we continue to be in a solid position to pursue additional acquisitions given our healthy balance sheet, strong management team and growing global footprint.”
- Global Agency announces new sales for rom-com series ‘Daydreamer’ 10.4k views | posted on October 27, 2020
- BBC Studios announces deal with Discovery Inc. for ‘Top Gear’ catalogue in Japan 70 views | posted on October 26, 2020
- CNN International Commercial appoints Rob Bradley and Cathy Ibal to lead ‘Audience First’ strategy 57 views | posted on October 29, 2020
- ITV Studios presents its exciting content slate at its inaugural Fall Festival 44 views | posted on October 26, 2020
Asian Television Awards
- Asian Television Awards to hold its 25th awards ceremony in Phnom Penh, Cambodia by Monina Eugenio | posted on July 7, 2020
- Asian Television Awards broadcaster spotlight: Bangkok Broadcasting & T.V. Co., Ltd. by Monina Eugenio | posted on August 15, 2020