41 bids submitted for 24 digital TV licences in Thailand
The Bangkok Post has reported that out of 33 companies who purchased bidding documents, all but four have submitted applications for the 24 available digital TV licenses, according to National Broadcasting and Telecommunications Commission (NBTC).
Among the four withdrawals was Chan 25 Co, owned by Surang Prempree, former managing director of Bangkok Broadcasting and Television Co (BBTV), adds the report.
Of the 41 applications made, six companies filed bids for children’s channels, 10 for news channels, 16 for variety SD channels and nine for variety HD channels, according to the report.
- ZEASN and New ID to incorporate popular K-content in WhaleLive 83 views | posted on April 8, 2021
- Zee and Tokyo Broadcasting System Television, Inc. announce new co-production partnership 65 views | posted on April 12, 2021
- Anime titles from Medialink Group’s Ani-One library to start streaming on Mediacorp’s meWATCH platform 58 views | posted on April 12, 2021
- SynProNize and ATV take Turkish drama series ‘Hercai’ to Pakistan 42 views | posted on April 12, 2021
Asian Television Awards
- Here are your winners for the 25th Asian Television Awards – Day One by Monina Eugenio | posted on January 16, 2021
- The 25th Asian Television Awards ends on a high note with Entertainment and Performance Category winners announced by Monina Eugenio | posted on January 17, 2021
- Asian Television Awards to hold its 25th awards ceremony in Phnom Penh, Cambodia by Monina Eugenio | posted on July 7, 2020
- The 25th Asian Television Awards receives nominations from across the Asia Pacific by TVA Editor | posted on December 16, 2020