Foxtel and the Australian Football League have joined forces on The Recruit, a 10-part national reality television series which will feature a global search and provide a player with the opportunity to become an overnight sensation at an AFL club.
The AFL has agreed to convene an officially constituted AFL Draft which will form part of The Recruit television series in order to deliver the winner to an AFL club’s list. All AFL Clubs will have the opportunity to recruit the winner.
Scheduled to be broadcast on FOX8 in 2014, The Recruit will not only scour local football leagues across Australia, but also the AFL International Combines across the world.
AFL, Chief Executive Officer Andrew Demetriou said, “Nearly 100,000 senior players across the country play out their love for our only indigenous game every winter, in country and metropolitan teams in every part of Australia.
- Meet the K-drama stars of the new series ‘Kairos’ on #TwitterBlueroom Live before its premiere 136 views | posted on October 23, 2020
- Asian storytelling, reimagined: New genres, fresh opportunities for Asian creators at the Singapore Media Festival 2020 47 views | posted on October 21, 2020
- Hotstar launches in Singapore with exclusive streaming of the Dream11 IPL 2020 Playoffs and Final 43 views | posted on October 20, 2020
- Abacus Media Rights appoints distribution sales expert Hana Palmer as Head of Sales 37 views | posted on October 21, 2020
Asian Television Awards
- Asian Television Awards to hold its 25th awards ceremony in Phnom Penh, Cambodia by Monina Eugenio | posted on July 7, 2020
- Asian Television Awards broadcaster spotlight: Bangkok Broadcasting & T.V. Co., Ltd. by Monina Eugenio | posted on August 15, 2020