BBC World News to premiere new business programmes
London-Singapore-New York — BBC World News and BBC.com will boost their business coverage in the upcoming months. Starting September 2013, BBC will premiere a fresh line-up of programmes and online features from London, Johannesburg, Singapore and around the world. These include Talking Business with Linda Yueh, Escape from the Boardroom, Africa Business Report and Young and Jobless.
At the heart of the channel’s enhanced business coverage, on October 4, 2013, BBC World News will launch Talking Business with Linda Yueh.
A world-renowned economist, each week Yueh will sit down with big thinkers and news makers to talk about the latest business stories and economic trends; and what they mean not just for companies, but for consumers around the world. Yueh will draw on her skill at cutting through the figures and get behind the headlines to make sense of a complex world. Clever discussions, distinctive news packages, and Yueh’s analysis will make this show a must-watch for viewers around the globe.
Linda Yueh said: “With the vast changes in the global economy, understanding what lies behind the headlines matters more than ever. As part of a wider push to increase coverage of global business and the world economy on the BBC, I am delighted to host a new global business programme that will highlight the key trends that are re-shaping our world. Talking Business with Linda Yueh will focus on what these changes mean for our everyday lives through insightful discussions and interviews with key personalities.”
Yueh brings her advanced economics expertise to her new role with the BBC. Prior to joining the BBC she was the Economics Editor for Bloomberg Television. She also maintains her academic links as a fellow of St Edmund Hall, University of Oxford, adjunct professor of economics at the London Business School, and visiting professor of economics at Peking University.
- StudioCanal promotes TV, digital, and film execs in strategic global content move 93 views | posted on September 22, 2020
- Viu announces the launch of the inaugural Viu Pitching Forum in Malaysia 55 views | posted on September 21, 2020
- Abacus Media Rights sells CBC original series ‘Trickster’ to NITV & SBS On Demand Australia and more 45 views | posted on September 21, 2020
- Nippon TV’s ‘Your Turn To Kill’ receives award at 2020 Seoul International Drama Awards 37 views | posted on September 21, 2020
Asian Television Awards
- Asian Television Awards broadcaster spotlight: Bangkok Broadcasting & T.V. Co., Ltd. by Monina Eugenio | posted on August 15, 2020
- Asian Television Awards to hold its 25th awards ceremony in Phnom Penh, Cambodia by Monina Eugenio | posted on July 7, 2020