Stockholm – Accedo, the provider of TV application solutions, today announced official support for Android in its award winning app store platform, Accedo Application Sphere®.
The Accedo Application Sphere® provides a professional, carrier grade platform for any application offering on any device. It’s been specifically developed to handle the specific requirements for TV devices, including integrated set-top boxes and Smart TVs. The platform offers unparalleled functionality and scalability for pay TV operators and device manufacturers who want to run an extensive application program on their platforms.
Accedo has announced full Android compatibility of Accedo Application Sphere®, meaning that the platform can manage any Android applications developed for TV usage. The functionality is available for Accedo Application Sphere® version 5.3 and later.
“Over the past 12 months we have seen an increase in customer requirements to manage Android applications. Our customers want to tap into the large Android developer community, but would of course still need to control the application lifecycle, the business models and the application publishing.” commented Michael Lantz, CEO, Accedo.
Accedo Application Sphere® supports applications for most TV middlewares and browsers in addition to Android, and due to its flexible lifecycle management functionality it’s possible to seamlessly provide applications written for several different platforms to the same consumer.
“We firmly believe that the key for a successful TV app store offering is to make it easy for developers to launch applications. By adding Android platform and native application management support, we offer an attractive additional technology for Accedo customers to roll out attractive functionality to consumers.”, said Michael Lantz.
Accedo Application Sphere® will be demonstrated at IBC in Accedo’s booth (14.112) in the Connected World zone.
- Quintus acquires factual titles for its VOD channels Free Documentary and Free Documentary Nature 54 views | posted on November 20, 2020
- Watch features and short films for free at the inaugural True Colors Film Festival 50 views | posted on November 20, 2020
- all3media international announces pre-sales to five continents for new Russell T. Davies drama ‘It’s A Sin’ 48 views | posted on November 20, 2020
- Winsing Animation spotlights its new IP at the ATF 41 views | posted on November 23, 2020
Asian Television Awards
- Asian Television Awards to hold its 25th awards ceremony in Phnom Penh, Cambodia by Monina Eugenio | posted on July 7, 2020
- Asian Television Awards broadcaster spotlight: Bangkok Broadcasting & T.V. Co., Ltd. by Monina Eugenio | posted on August 15, 2020