BBCWW commissions two series from chef Rachel Khoo
BBC Worldwide Channels have ordered two new series from chef and self-styled food creative Rachel Khoo. Rachel Khoo’s London Food Diary (10 x 25’) and Rachel Khoo Cosmopolitan Cook (10 x 25’) are two brand new lifestyle programmes from BBC Bristol to air on BBC-branded channels around the world. Both series will be fully funded by BBC Worldwide Channels as part of the strategy outlined by Vice President of Commissioning Tracy Forsyth last September, to work with independent producers and the BBC’s in-house production teams to create long-running, returnable television series for the global channel portfolio. BBC Worldwide will hold all commercial rights to the new series, including global broadcast and distribution.
London Food Diary and Cosmopolitan Cook will premiere globally in Spring 2014 on BBC Lifestyle (Africa, Asia, Middle East, Poland and Scandinavia), BBC Entertainment (Latin America) and BBC HD (Latin America, Poland, Scandinavia, Turkey).
Tracy Forsyth, VP Commissioning, BBC Worldwide Channels said, “Rachel’s signature style and creative, multi-ethnic recipe ideas will have wide-ranging appeal across our international audiences. She’s inspirational but accessible and her food is stylish but deliciously simple. BBC Bristol have produced some of Britain’s best food series – exactly the type of high quality programming that I’m seeking for BBC Worldwide’s channel portfolio.”
- GoDaddy and AXN launch Philippine reality show to jump-start Filipino entrepreneurs 52 views | posted on August 13, 2020
- On Viu in August: Latest releases include three K-drama series, award-winning Indonesian films 50 views | posted on August 11, 2020
- Grabyo supports Mediacorp in providing multi-platform coverage of the Singapore General Election 2020 39 views | posted on August 11, 2020
- Viddsee announces content partnership with Indonesia’s RCTI+ 31 views | posted on August 12, 2020
Asian Television Awards
- Asian Television Awards to hold its 25th awards ceremony in Phnom Penh, Cambodia posted on July 7, 2020