New York, U.S. – YOU On Demand Holdings, Inc., the first national Video On Demand (VOD) platform in China, announced that C Media Limited, a mobile video service provider in China, has made a strategic investment in YOU On Demand totalling US $4 million, with the right to make an additional investment of between US $12 and $21 million. The C Media investment will allow YOU On Demand to more aggressively leverage the booming mobile video space.
YOU On Demand currently has content deals in place with many of Hollywood’s top studios including Disney Media Distribution, Paramount Pictures, NBC Universal, Warner Bros., Miramax Films, Lionsgate and Magnolia Pictures, as well as a broad selection of the best content from Chinese filmmakers.
Commenting on the strategic investment, Xuesong SONG, co-founder, Chairman, CEO and the largest shareholder of C Media said, “Shane McMahon and his team are building YOU On Demand into a world-class company with impressive content and cable distribution capabilities. I have been impressed with their recent penetration into the cable space and I believe their organisation is uniquely positioned to take advantage of the tremendous growth potential in China’s booming entertainment market. We look forward to partnering with YOU On Demand and utilising our mobile industry expertise to support the ongoing expansion of their Video On Demand platform and complementary services.”
- Flame bids farewell to its founder John Caldon 61 views | posted on February 22, 2021
- U-NEXT enters licensing partnership with ViacomCBS for a selection of new series from SHOWTIME® to premiere in Japan 58 views | posted on February 22, 2021
- ‘Tales of Arcadia: 3Below’ premieres on DreamWorks on 1 March 53 views | posted on February 22, 2021
- Disney+ officially starts streaming in Singapore on 23 February 49 views | posted on February 24, 2021
Asian Television Awards
- Here are your winners for the 25th Asian Television Awards – Day One by Monina Eugenio | posted on January 16, 2021
- The 25th Asian Television Awards ends on a high note with Entertainment and Performance Category winners announced by Monina Eugenio | posted on January 17, 2021
- 25th Asian Television Awards spotlight: ATA Director S.S. Vikneshwaran by Monina Eugenio | posted on December 28, 2020
- The 25th Asian Television Awards receives nominations from across the Asia Pacific by TVA Editor | posted on December 16, 2020