NGC and Singapore’s MINDEF to co-pro “Every Singaporean Son” sequel
Singapore – The second instalment of the popular made-in-Asia original production, Every Singaporean Son (ESS), will make its TV premiere on the National Geographic Channel (NGC), almost two years after its inaugural season. Named Every Singaporean Son II: The Making of an Officer (ESS II), the six-part series comes after NGC renewed its collaboration with Singapore’s Ministry of Defence (MINDEF) to produce the TV adaptation that will follow the lives of full-time National Servicemen (NSFs) as they undergo the rigours of leadership training at the Officer Cadet School (OCS).
The 21-part web-series was originally featured on the Cyberpioneer YouTube channel, drawing global audiences to Singapore-specific content. The NGC version of ESS II will be remade for TV by incorporating exclusive access to bring regional audiences behind-the-scenes and into the lives of full-time National Servicemen (NSFs) as they undergo trials, tribulations and celebrations during their 38-week journey at the famed Officer Cadet School (OCS).
- Hong Kong FILMART Online to open on 15 March 82 views | posted on March 3, 2021
- Encore Singapore off to a flying start 71 views | posted on March 4, 2021
- Medialink granted exclusive distribution rights to ‘TSUKIMICHI -Moonlight Fantasy-‘ and ‘Joran The Princess of Snow and Blood’ from Nippon TV in Asia territories excluding Korea 44 views | posted on March 8, 2021
- Lee Seung-gi makes K-drama comeback with ‘Mouse’ to be aired on tvN 38 views | posted on March 3, 2021
Asian Television Awards
- Here are your winners for the 25th Asian Television Awards – Day One by Monina Eugenio | posted on January 16, 2021
- The 25th Asian Television Awards ends on a high note with Entertainment and Performance Category winners announced by Monina Eugenio | posted on January 17, 2021
- 25th Asian Television Awards spotlight: ATA Director S.S. Vikneshwaran by Monina Eugenio | posted on December 28, 2020
- The 25th Asian Television Awards receives nominations from across the Asia Pacific by TVA Editor | posted on December 16, 2020