Netflix to premiere original DreamWorks Animation content
California, U.S . – Netflix Inc. and DreamWorks Animation have announced a multi-year deal making Netflix the premiere home of new original series from the award-winning creators of global box-office hits including the Shrek, Madagascar, Kung Fu Panda and How to Train Your Dragon franchises. This agreement, which marks the largest deal for original first-run content in Netflix history, is also the first time DreamWorks Animation’s characters will be introduced into the television market as a branded collection of shows.
The deal, which encompasses over 300 hours of new programming, is a major initiative by DreamWorks Animation to expand its television production and distribution worldwide. The new shows will be inspired by characters from DreamWorks Animation’s franchises and upcoming feature films as well as the DreamWorks’ acquired Classic Media library. With the first series expected to begin airing in 2014, Netflix will premiere these new DreamWorks Animation shows in all the territories in which it operates.
“DreamWorks Animation is a valued partner in our global efforts to provide families the most engaging stories delivered however, whenever and wherever they want,” said Netflix Chief Content Officer Ted Sarandos. “This deal represents a major expansion of what’s already a phenomenal relationship, allowing us to bring beloved DreamWorks characters to the 40 countries where Netflix operates and setting the stage for us to innovate together as we expand into new markets.”
- Meet the K-drama stars of the new series ‘Kairos’ on #TwitterBlueroom Live before its premiere 100 views | posted on October 23, 2020
- Netflix picks up Philippine adaptation of ‘Descendants of the Sun’ aired on GMA Network 62 views | posted on October 19, 2020
- BBC Studios, Bilibili sign new content sales and production agreement to bring the best of BBC to China 42 views | posted on October 19, 2020
- Netflix action-thriller ‘6 Underground’ becomes the first movie to receive a rebate for outsourcing its visual effects to Malaysia 39 views | posted on October 19, 2020
Asian Television Awards
- Asian Television Awards broadcaster spotlight: Bangkok Broadcasting & T.V. Co., Ltd. by Monina Eugenio | posted on August 15, 2020
- Asian Television Awards to hold its 25th awards ceremony in Phnom Penh, Cambodia by Monina Eugenio | posted on July 7, 2020