CommunicAsia: SES and TAS renew deal to deliver TV content across Taiwan
Singapore – SES announced at CommunicAsia2013 that global Taiwanese communications provider Teleport Access Services (TAS) has renewed capacity with SES to deliver a variety of TV programmes and live coverage of breaking news throughout Taiwan.
TAS, a longstanding SES customer and the largest distributor of cable channels to cable headends in Taiwan, will use the capacity to broadcast TV content and provide satellite news gathering (SNG) services across the island.
Michael Kuo, President of TAS, said: “Taiwan is one of the most competitive media landscapes in Asia, with a high TV penetration rate and audiences that are accustomed to receiving breaking news immediately. Having been able to rely on SES for the past four years, we chose to extend our partnership and continue to utilise NSS-11 at this prime orbital location covering Taiwan. We are delighted to be able to leverage SES’s expertise to broadcast more channels to meet our growing business needs.”
- Quintus acquires factual titles for its VOD channels Free Documentary and Free Documentary Nature 58 views | posted on November 20, 2020
- Watch features and short films for free at the inaugural True Colors Film Festival 51 views | posted on November 20, 2020
- all3media international announces pre-sales to five continents for new Russell T. Davies drama ‘It’s A Sin’ 49 views | posted on November 20, 2020
- Winsing Animation spotlights its new IP at the ATF 45 views | posted on November 23, 2020
Asian Television Awards
- Asian Television Awards to hold its 25th awards ceremony in Phnom Penh, Cambodia by Monina Eugenio | posted on July 7, 2020
- Asian Television Awards broadcaster spotlight: Bangkok Broadcasting & T.V. Co., Ltd. by Monina Eugenio | posted on August 15, 2020