According to Hong Kong’s The Standard, local news from Hong Kong Television (HKTV) will cease airing on the Hong Kong Broadband Network when its contract with the broadcaster ends. It adds that the network’s pay-TV service, bbTV, is the only platform broadcasting the news program, but it will not be renewing its contract with the provider when it expires on August 31, a HKTV spokeswoman confirmed.
HKTV chairman Ricky Wai- kay WONG has met with his 60-staff news department, saying the company has no plans to cut jobs, according to an employee, as reported by The Standard. Wong adds that he has no clue when his station will receive a free-to-air license, but he hopes employees will stay with him during difficult times.
- StudioCanal promotes TV, digital, and film execs in strategic global content move 80 views | posted on September 22, 2020
- ZEASN announces brand-new Smart TV App Store V3.0 43 views | posted on September 18, 2020
- Viu announces the launch of the inaugural Viu Pitching Forum in Malaysia 42 views | posted on September 21, 2020
- Abacus Media Rights sells CBC original series ‘Trickster’ to NITV & SBS On Demand Australia and more 41 views | posted on September 21, 2020
Asian Television Awards
- Asian Television Awards broadcaster spotlight: Bangkok Broadcasting & T.V. Co., Ltd. by Monina Eugenio | posted on August 15, 2020
- Asian Television Awards to hold its 25th awards ceremony in Phnom Penh, Cambodia by Monina Eugenio | posted on July 7, 2020