According to Hong Kong’s The Standard, local news from Hong Kong Television (HKTV) will cease airing on the Hong Kong Broadband Network when its contract with the broadcaster ends. It adds that the network’s pay-TV service, bbTV, is the only platform broadcasting the news program, but it will not be renewing its contract with the provider when it expires on August 31, a HKTV spokeswoman confirmed.
HKTV chairman Ricky Wai- kay WONG has met with his 60-staff news department, saying the company has no plans to cut jobs, according to an employee, as reported by The Standard. Wong adds that he has no clue when his station will receive a free-to-air license, but he hopes employees will stay with him during difficult times.
- The Q bolsters its original content offering; Announces first TV original ‘Crime Aur Kanoon’ 179 views | posted on July 20, 2021
- Astro launches its new Ultra Plug & Play Box 166 views | posted on July 23, 2021
- iQiyi reveals brand-new Chinese language drama slate 140 views | posted on July 21, 2021
- Asia’s e-sports broadcasters unlock an exciting world of gameplay 104 views | posted on July 20, 2021
Asian Television Awards
- Here are your winners for the 25th Asian Television Awards – Day One by Monina Eugenio | posted on January 16, 2021
- The 25th Asian Television Awards ends on a high note with Entertainment and Performance Category winners announced by Monina Eugenio | posted on January 17, 2021
- Asian Television Awards to hold its 25th awards ceremony in Phnom Penh, Cambodia by Monina Eugenio | posted on July 7, 2020
- The Asian Television Awards announces Facebook as official industry partner by TVA Editor | posted on May 11, 2021