According to Hong Kong’s The Standard, local news from Hong Kong Television (HKTV) will cease airing on the Hong Kong Broadband Network when its contract with the broadcaster ends. It adds that the network’s pay-TV service, bbTV, is the only platform broadcasting the news program, but it will not be renewing its contract with the provider when it expires on August 31, a HKTV spokeswoman confirmed.
HKTV chairman Ricky Wai- kay WONG has met with his 60-staff news department, saying the company has no plans to cut jobs, according to an employee, as reported by The Standard. Wong adds that he has no clue when his station will receive a free-to-air license, but he hopes employees will stay with him during difficult times.
- Tokyo Broadcasting System Television, Inc. licenses global streaming rights to ‘Ninja Warrior’, ‘Unbeatable Banzuk’ 320 views | posted on April 15, 2021
- Jiangsu Broadcasting Corp. brings China’s stories to the international stage 64 views | posted on April 17, 2021
- Viu launches Viu Shorts! Thailand 62 views | posted on April 19, 2021
- Barco partners with Ideal Systems to strengthen visualisation capabilities for broadcast in the region 43 views | posted on April 15, 2021
Asian Television Awards
- Here are your winners for the 25th Asian Television Awards – Day One by Monina Eugenio | posted on January 16, 2021
- The 25th Asian Television Awards ends on a high note with Entertainment and Performance Category winners announced by Monina Eugenio | posted on January 17, 2021
- Asian Television Awards to hold its 25th awards ceremony in Phnom Penh, Cambodia by Monina Eugenio | posted on July 7, 2020
- The 25th Asian Television Awards receives nominations from across the Asia Pacific by TVA Editor | posted on December 16, 2020