Australia’s ABC to co-produce “Hoopla Doopla!” with CCTV
Australia’s ABC and China’s China Central Television (CCTV) have announced for a co-production, Hoopla Doopla!, with a ceremony held in Beijing on April 23. Hoopla Doopla! is being produced by Melinda Wearne and Ron Saunders from Beyond Screen Productions Pty Ltd and the China Central TV Screen Drama Production Centre. The Australian Children’s Television Foundation (ACTF) provided script development investment to the series from its early stages and will now distribute the series worldwide on behalf of the Australian and Chinese partners.
The directors of the series are Mark Barnard (Australia) and Liang Tong (China) who would be working hand-in-hand with an Australian and Chinese cast and crew. The scripts were written in Australia while the shoot is set to be carried out in a studio in China. Post-production will be done in Australia.
- Meet the K-drama stars of the new series ‘Kairos’ on #TwitterBlueroom Live before its premiere 340 views | posted on October 23, 2020
- Asian storytelling, reimagined: New genres, fresh opportunities for Asian creators at the Singapore Media Festival 2020 80 views | posted on October 21, 2020
- Global Agency announces new sales for rom-com series ‘Daydreamer’ 66 views | posted on October 27, 2020
- BBC Studios announces deal with Discovery Inc. for ‘Top Gear’ catalogue in Japan 52 views | posted on October 26, 2020
Asian Television Awards
- Asian Television Awards to hold its 25th awards ceremony in Phnom Penh, Cambodia by Monina Eugenio | posted on July 7, 2020
- Asian Television Awards broadcaster spotlight: Bangkok Broadcasting & T.V. Co., Ltd. by Monina Eugenio | posted on August 15, 2020