Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia – A new content company, Ideate Media, has launched in Kuala Lumpur with backing from the Malaysia government’s investment arm, Khazanah Nasional Berhad, and media company, ASTRO Overseas Limited. The new joint venture will focus on content development and IP exploitation, and will provide financial backing to high-quality stories and concepts from around the world, in either live action or animated form, for feature films and television series. Ideate Media is being headed up by seasoned ASTRO veteran, Zainir Aminullah.
Initial productions for Ideate Media will center on mid-budget, English-language feature films and television series with global distribution potential and that are Asian-themed or use Asia as a backdrop. The new content development and investment venture currently has plans to participate in up to 12 international projects over the next three years with the first being announced shortly. The launch of Ideate Media comes hot on the heels of other Malaysian government initiatives over the last few months to further transform the country into a leading destination for international filmmakers.
- StudioCanal promotes TV, digital, and film execs in strategic global content move 92 views | posted on September 22, 2020
- Viu announces the launch of the inaugural Viu Pitching Forum in Malaysia 53 views | posted on September 21, 2020
- Abacus Media Rights sells CBC original series ‘Trickster’ to NITV & SBS On Demand Australia and more 45 views | posted on September 21, 2020
- Nippon TV’s ‘Your Turn To Kill’ receives award at 2020 Seoul International Drama Awards 36 views | posted on September 21, 2020
Asian Television Awards
- Asian Television Awards broadcaster spotlight: Bangkok Broadcasting & T.V. Co., Ltd. by Monina Eugenio | posted on August 15, 2020
- Asian Television Awards to hold its 25th awards ceremony in Phnom Penh, Cambodia by Monina Eugenio | posted on July 7, 2020