Cannes – Turner International Asia Pacific’s syndication arm, Turner Content Solutions, has secured the rights to distribute two new documentary series from CNN – Anthony Bourdain Parts Unknown and Morgan Spurlock’s Inside Man.
Lifestyle series Anthony Bourdain Parts Unknown (16 x 60’ – season 1 and 2) is hosted by the globally-acclaimed chef and TV personality. The series follows the Emmy Award winning world-traveller Bourdain as he takes viewers on a global trip, celebrating diverse cultures by exploring their cuisine and dining rituals. His acerbic wit, intellectual curiosity and candour make him an entertaining host, as he leads the expedition off the beaten path, even venturing into war-torn parts of the world. Along the way he meets colourful locals, occasionally communing with other internationally lauded chefs in places such as Libya, Columbia, Myanmar, Peru and the Congo.
Inside Man (8 x 60’) demonstrates that you can’t ever truly understand something from the outside, leading Morgan Spurlock to immerse himself in diverse cultures, in a series that explores some of the “hot button” topics of our age. With an award-winning reputation for putting himself at the centre of the story – no matter what the risk to his personal safety or health – Morgan Spurlock is the ideal host, using his journalistic nous he connects with the people behind the headlines to get to the human heart of the story. Be it the harsh reality of living through the global recession, how guns have become such a divisive subject for so many, or new thinking around controversial medical topics such as caring for our aging populations, or the use of marijuana to ease chronic pain of the seriously ill, the star of Super Size Me is taking his unique style of storytelling to the next level.
- Tokyo Broadcasting System Television, Inc. licenses global streaming rights to ‘Ninja Warrior’, ‘Unbeatable Banzuk’ 199 views | posted on April 15, 2021
- Zee and Tokyo Broadcasting System Television, Inc. announce new co-production partnership 90 views | posted on April 12, 2021
- Anime titles from Medialink Group’s Ani-One library to start streaming on Mediacorp’s meWATCH platform 75 views | posted on April 12, 2021
- SynProNize and ATV take Turkish drama series ‘Hercai’ to Pakistan 48 views | posted on April 12, 2021
Asian Television Awards
- Here are your winners for the 25th Asian Television Awards – Day One by Monina Eugenio | posted on January 16, 2021
- The 25th Asian Television Awards ends on a high note with Entertainment and Performance Category winners announced by Monina Eugenio | posted on January 17, 2021
- Asian Television Awards to hold its 25th awards ceremony in Phnom Penh, Cambodia by Monina Eugenio | posted on July 7, 2020
- The 25th Asian Television Awards receives nominations from across the Asia Pacific by TVA Editor | posted on December 16, 2020