Cannes – Reed MIDEM reported that more than 11,000 people from over 100 countries gathered in Cannes as MIPTV celebrated its 50th anniversary. Highlights of the 50th MIPTV included a plethora of deals, demos of the 4K Ultra HD – which is being pioneered by Sony, packed keynote addresses, a plea from former British Prime Minister Gordon Brown for the television industry to support the United Nation’s Global Education First Initiative, and a full-house World Premier TV Screening of Da Vinci’s Demons – produced by Adjacent Productions for Starz and sold internationally by BBC Worldwide.
In addition, among the 4,000 programme acquisition executives in Cannes, it was reported that 800 were VOD and digital buyers – a 30% increase on last year. There were significant year-on-year increases in the number of companies participating from Russia (+18%), Ukraine (+30%), Brazil (+17%) and the United Arab Emirates (+58%).
- Abacus Media Rights secures international distribution rights for ‘The Masked Dancer UK’ 104 views | posted on May 17, 2021
- Differentiating the sports OTT experience 103 views | posted on May 14, 2021
- Asian independent short films now accessible worldwide with ZEASN and Viddsee team up 103 views | posted on May 17, 2021
- Social entertainment platform GazeTV breaks the tradition with blockchain, tokenized ecosystem for audiences and video creators 68 views | posted on May 17, 2021
Asian Television Awards
- Here are your winners for the 25th Asian Television Awards – Day One by Monina Eugenio | posted on January 16, 2021
- The Asian Television Awards announces Facebook as official industry partner by TVA Editor | posted on May 11, 2021
- The 25th Asian Television Awards ends on a high note with Entertainment and Performance Category winners announced by Monina Eugenio | posted on January 17, 2021
- Asian Television Awards to hold its 25th awards ceremony in Phnom Penh, Cambodia by Monina Eugenio | posted on July 7, 2020