Cannes – Reed MIDEM reported that more than 11,000 people from over 100 countries gathered in Cannes as MIPTV celebrated its 50th anniversary. Highlights of the 50th MIPTV included a plethora of deals, demos of the 4K Ultra HD – which is being pioneered by Sony, packed keynote addresses, a plea from former British Prime Minister Gordon Brown for the television industry to support the United Nation’s Global Education First Initiative, and a full-house World Premier TV Screening of Da Vinci’s Demons – produced by Adjacent Productions for Starz and sold internationally by BBC Worldwide.
In addition, among the 4,000 programme acquisition executives in Cannes, it was reported that 800 were VOD and digital buyers – a 30% increase on last year. There were significant year-on-year increases in the number of companies participating from Russia (+18%), Ukraine (+30%), Brazil (+17%) and the United Arab Emirates (+58%).
- Netflix original series ‘Better Than Us’ sets independent second season with Organic Media, Wudi Pictures for streaming in Greater China 75 views | posted on November 18, 2020
- Hearst Television Station utilises TVU Networks for daily remote broadcast 43 views | posted on November 18, 2020
- E1 Championship flags off with the region’s top sim-racers competing for a share of US$15,000 40 views | posted on November 19, 2020
- Quintus acquires factual titles for its VOD channels Free Documentary and Free Documentary Nature 36 views | posted on November 20, 2020
Asian Television Awards
- Asian Television Awards to hold its 25th awards ceremony in Phnom Penh, Cambodia by Monina Eugenio | posted on July 7, 2020
- Asian Television Awards broadcaster spotlight: Bangkok Broadcasting & T.V. Co., Ltd. by Monina Eugenio | posted on August 15, 2020