TrueVisions seeks to sub-lease EPL broadcast rights from Cable Thai Holdings
Thai pay-TV operator TrueVisions has expressed interest in sub-leasing broadcast rights for the English Premier League (EPL) from current rights holder, Cable Thai Holdings (CTH).
According to The Bangkok Post, many industry observers believe the move came about as a preventive measure against any subscriber loss. TrueVisions’ Chief Commercial Officer, Ongard Prapakamol, says the completion of the deal will depend on the price, the number and quality of matches, as well as the broadcast definition.
Prapakamol adds that TrueVisions will better its product by offering more sports and HD channels should its bid for next season’s EPL broadcast rights be unsuccessful.
- True crime documentary series ‘The Night Caller’ pre-sales from Abacus Media Rights 42 views | posted on September 25, 2020
- Ekaterina Yakushenko joins newly revamped THEMA RUS 42 views | posted on September 25, 2020
- Reed Exhibitions announces leadership change at Reed MIDEM 34 views | posted on September 29, 2020
- GoQuest Media signs international distribution rights for ‘Rats’ 31 views | posted on September 25, 2020
Asian Television Awards
- Asian Television Awards broadcaster spotlight: Bangkok Broadcasting & T.V. Co., Ltd. by Monina Eugenio | posted on August 15, 2020
- Asian Television Awards to hold its 25th awards ceremony in Phnom Penh, Cambodia by Monina Eugenio | posted on July 7, 2020