Disney’s Anne Sweeney reiterates commitment to Disney India
Anne Sweeney, co-chair of Disney Media Networks and president of Disney/ABC Television Group, confirms the company’s commitment to localisation in India in her keynote speech at FICCI FRAMES 2013 on March 12, 2013. Sweeney attributed Disney India’s success to a focus on the audience and a commitment to creating compelling stories.
“So how did creativity grow Disney Channel from ‘small national network’ to ‘huge global success’? And more importantly, how do we think we can create such success here? The answer to both questions is: by focusing on the audience, by creating compelling storytelling, by fulfilling our brand promise, and by taking risks and learning a lot along the way,” said Sweeney.
Disney India, which launched in 2004, evolved its traditional strategic direction to one that leans towards a “kid-driven, family-inclusive” brand by creating entirely new programmes that reflects the local Indian culture and expectations. Sweeney gave examples of local adaptations of U.S series Best of Luck Nikki and The Suite Life of Karan and Kabir, which are re-imagined versions of Good Luck Charlie and The Suite Life of Zack and Cody respectively.
- Colors Kannada launches ‘BIGG BOSS Kannada’ Season 8 86 views | posted on February 26, 2021
- The Walt Disney Company Asia Pacific announces leadership team 59 views | posted on March 1, 2021
- Flame Distribution to handle global sales of ‘Life in Colour With David Attenborough’ 54 views | posted on February 26, 2021
- Quintus Studios inks more factual acquisitions for its VOD channels 37 views | posted on February 26, 2021
Asian Television Awards
- Here are your winners for the 25th Asian Television Awards – Day One by Monina Eugenio | posted on January 16, 2021
- The 25th Asian Television Awards ends on a high note with Entertainment and Performance Category winners announced by Monina Eugenio | posted on January 17, 2021
- 25th Asian Television Awards spotlight: ATA Director S.S. Vikneshwaran by Monina Eugenio | posted on December 28, 2020
- The 25th Asian Television Awards receives nominations from across the Asia Pacific by TVA Editor | posted on December 16, 2020