Disney’s Anne Sweeney reiterates commitment to Disney India
Anne Sweeney, co-chair of Disney Media Networks and president of Disney/ABC Television Group, confirms the company’s commitment to localisation in India in her keynote speech at FICCI FRAMES 2013 on March 12, 2013. Sweeney attributed Disney India’s success to a focus on the audience and a commitment to creating compelling stories.
“So how did creativity grow Disney Channel from ‘small national network’ to ‘huge global success’? And more importantly, how do we think we can create such success here? The answer to both questions is: by focusing on the audience, by creating compelling storytelling, by fulfilling our brand promise, and by taking risks and learning a lot along the way,” said Sweeney.
Disney India, which launched in 2004, evolved its traditional strategic direction to one that leans towards a “kid-driven, family-inclusive” brand by creating entirely new programmes that reflects the local Indian culture and expectations. Sweeney gave examples of local adaptations of U.S series Best of Luck Nikki and The Suite Life of Karan and Kabir, which are re-imagined versions of Good Luck Charlie and The Suite Life of Zack and Cody respectively.
- Differentiating the sports OTT experience 102 views | posted on May 14, 2021
- Abacus Media Rights secures international distribution rights for ‘The Masked Dancer UK’ 101 views | posted on May 17, 2021
- Asian independent short films now accessible worldwide with ZEASN and Viddsee team up 100 views | posted on May 17, 2021
- Social entertainment platform GazeTV breaks the tradition with blockchain, tokenized ecosystem for audiences and video creators 68 views | posted on May 17, 2021
Asian Television Awards
- Here are your winners for the 25th Asian Television Awards – Day One by Monina Eugenio | posted on January 16, 2021
- The Asian Television Awards announces Facebook as official industry partner by TVA Editor | posted on May 11, 2021
- The 25th Asian Television Awards ends on a high note with Entertainment and Performance Category winners announced by Monina Eugenio | posted on January 17, 2021
- Asian Television Awards to hold its 25th awards ceremony in Phnom Penh, Cambodia by Monina Eugenio | posted on July 7, 2020