Hong Kong – CASBAA’s first Forum of 2013 – the Myanmar in View forum – saw more than 100 delegates and speakers explore and discuss the opportunities and pitfalls of the multichannel TV industry in the country.
Headlining the roster of respected speakers at the forum was U Tint Swe, Director-General, Myanmar Radio and Television, Ministry of Information, The Republic of the Union of Myanmar.
During the opening session, U Tint Swe was optimistic that the media business will grow over the next five years as reforms and processes become more institutionalised. However, he also outlined the challenges facing the development of the industry including shortages in human capital, dependable electricity, money and investment in technologies and media training and education – which will require support from the international community to remedy.
- Flame bids farewell to its founder John Caldon 72 views | posted on February 22, 2021
- U-NEXT enters licensing partnership with ViacomCBS for a selection of new series from SHOWTIME® to premiere in Japan 63 views | posted on February 22, 2021
- Disney+ officially starts streaming in Singapore on 23 February 63 views | posted on February 24, 2021
- ‘Tales of Arcadia: 3Below’ premieres on DreamWorks on 1 March 59 views | posted on February 22, 2021
Asian Television Awards
- Here are your winners for the 25th Asian Television Awards – Day One by Monina Eugenio | posted on January 16, 2021
- The 25th Asian Television Awards ends on a high note with Entertainment and Performance Category winners announced by Monina Eugenio | posted on January 17, 2021
- 25th Asian Television Awards spotlight: ATA Director S.S. Vikneshwaran by Monina Eugenio | posted on December 28, 2020
- The 25th Asian Television Awards receives nominations from across the Asia Pacific by TVA Editor | posted on December 16, 2020