Quezon City, Philippines – The consolidated net income of ABS-CBN Corporation registered P1.708 billion for 2012, down by 29% compared with P2.420 billion in 2011. Removing the effects of the gain from the sale of investments recognised in 2011 amounting to P1.032 billion, net income increased by 23%.
According to the company, the growth in recurring income was fuelled by strong advertising revenues and consumer sales. ABS-CBN generated consolidated revenues of P31.7 billion from advertising and consumer sales, a 13% increase compared to last year.
ABS-CBN’s advertising revenues reached P19.1 billion, an increase of 8% from a year ago. Consumer sales amounted to P12.7 billion, posting a 19% increase. Sky Cable continues to be a major driver of growth with revenues increasing by 32% to P5.9 billion. The growth in revenues is partly attributable to the acquisition of Destiny Cable.
- Astro launches its new Ultra Plug & Play Box 266 views | posted on July 23, 2021
- Voot Select brings the largest-ever direct-to-OTT Film Festival in India 84 views | posted on July 23, 2021
- iQiyi deepens international partnership with Dolby 83 views | posted on July 27, 2021
- GoQuest Media seals deal with India’s MX Player 73 views | posted on July 23, 2021
Asian Television Awards
- Here are your winners for the 25th Asian Television Awards – Day One by Monina Eugenio | posted on January 16, 2021
- The 25th Asian Television Awards ends on a high note with Entertainment and Performance Category winners announced by Monina Eugenio | posted on January 17, 2021
- Asian Television Awards to hold its 25th awards ceremony in Phnom Penh, Cambodia by Monina Eugenio | posted on July 7, 2020
- The Asian Television Awards announces Facebook as official industry partner by TVA Editor | posted on May 11, 2021