Singtel reports revenue increase for pay-TV business
Singapore – Singapore Telecommunications Limited (SingTel) today reported that the group’s operations in Singapore and Australia, as well as the associates’, have delivered stable results in the third quarter of 2012.
In Singapore, revenue grew 1% to S$1.70 billion driven by contributions from its new digital services and continued strength of its mobile and ICT businesses. Revenue from Mobile Communications increased 3% to S$507 million as SingTel added a strong 63,000 mobile customers in the quarter. This brings its total customer base to 3.76 million, representing a leading market share of 46.6% as at 31 December 2012.
On the pay-TV front, revenue from mio TV grew 18% to S$33 million. mio TV continues to widen the variety of its content offerings and added 7,000 customers to reach 398,000 customers as at 31 December 2012. It recently crossed the 400,000 customer milestone.
In Australia, Optus is restructuring the business to drive profitable growth, improve customer experience and capitalise on the growing demand for mobile data. Against a backdrop of an industry slowdown and mandated mobile termination rate cuts, Optus reported stable results. While operating revenue declined 6% to A$2.28 billion, cost efficiencies lifted EBITDA to A$576 million.
- DreamWorks launches its brand-new virtual world, Dream Heroes 103 views | posted on June 15, 2021
- ZEE5 Global unveils its sixth Bangladeshi Original web series ‘Ladies & Gentlemen’ 47 views | posted on June 15, 2021
- AXN Asia launches its first-ever crime thriller podcast ‘Fey Hollow: The Fairy Tale Murders’ 44 views | posted on June 16, 2021
- K-drama lead actor Song Seon-Heon returns with a new investigative crime drama ‘Voice 4’ on tvN 39 views | posted on June 18, 2021
Asian Television Awards
- Here are your winners for the 25th Asian Television Awards – Day One by Monina Eugenio | posted on January 16, 2021
- The 25th Asian Television Awards ends on a high note with Entertainment and Performance Category winners announced by Monina Eugenio | posted on January 17, 2021
- The Asian Television Awards announces Facebook as official industry partner by TVA Editor | posted on May 11, 2021
- Asian Television Awards to hold its 25th awards ceremony in Phnom Penh, Cambodia by Monina Eugenio | posted on July 7, 2020