MEASAT’s AZERSPACE-1 / AFRICASAT-1a satellite successfully launched
Kuala Lumpur – MEASAT Satellite Systems Sdn. Bhd. (MEASAT) has successfully launched the AZERSPACE-1 / AFRICASAT-1a satellite. The satellite was launched on an Ariane 5 ECA launch vehicle from the European Space Port in Kourou, French Guiana, on February 8 at 5.36am Malaysian time.
The launch was witnessed via live telecast at the All Asia Broadcast Centre, Bukit Jalil by H.E. Mr. Tahir Karimov, the Ambassador of the Republic of Azerbaijan to Malaysia; YBhg. Datuk Che Azemi bin Haron, Deputy Secretary General (Communications), Ministry of Information, Communications and Culture; and, by industry representatives.
The US$300 million AZERSPACE-1 / AFRICASAT-1a satellite was developed as the result of collaboration between MEASAT and Azercosmos Joint Stock Company (Azercosmos), a company set up by the Ministry of Communications and Information Technologies of the Government of the Republic of Azerbaijan.
- A+E Networks Korea’s first Korean drama series ‘Backstreet Rookie’ hits international popularity 9,074 views | posted on July 31, 2020
- New young adult basketball mini-series ‘Fly The Jumper’ broke record viewerships 78 views | posted on August 3, 2020
- Singapore, now streaming on Netflix on National Day 62 views | posted on July 29, 2020
- Raven Capital and Coconuts are teaming up for a slate of unscripted pilots from Asia 49 views | posted on July 31, 2020
Asian Television Awards
- Asian Television Awards to hold its 25th awards ceremony in Phnom Penh, Cambodia posted on July 7, 2020