A number of BBC journalists joined the National Union of Journalists’ (NUJ) 24-hour nation-wide strike on Monday due to a dispute over compulsory redundancies.
The strike was called after the NUJ failed to reach an agreement with the BBC management over the deployment of 30 employees facing compulsory redundancies. Several BBC programmes were affected as a result of the walkout.
According to reports, Compulsory redundancies have been threatened at BBC Scotland, 5 live, the Asian Network and the World Service, among others.
- StudioCanal promotes TV, digital, and film execs in strategic global content move 104 views | posted on September 22, 2020
- Celestial Tiger Entertainment launches KIX on MultiChoice’s DStv in Africa 42 views | posted on September 22, 2020
- Singaporean Tyen Rasif wins ‘Asian Dream’ 33 views | posted on September 23, 2020
- True crime documentary series ‘The Night Caller’ pre-sales from Abacus Media Rights 31 views | posted on September 25, 2020
Asian Television Awards
- Asian Television Awards broadcaster spotlight: Bangkok Broadcasting & T.V. Co., Ltd. by Monina Eugenio | posted on August 15, 2020
- Asian Television Awards to hold its 25th awards ceremony in Phnom Penh, Cambodia by Monina Eugenio | posted on July 7, 2020