ITV Studios Global Entertainment (ITVS GE) has signed a new deal for hit ITV Studios format Come Dine With Me. Indian broadcaster Star India Private Limited has commissioned a 40 x 30’ series from Miditech to air on the Star Network.
The deal marks the first time a local version of the format has been made in Asia and brings the total number of international territories producing the show to 36.
According to a research report published by Digital TV Research, Come Dine With Me is the top TV format in Europe. ITV Studios Australia has also been recommissioned to produce a fourth (6 x 60’) series for Foxtel’s Lifestyle Channel to air in 2013 after the series proved popular with 16-34 year olds, achieving a 1.1% share, an uplift of 267% on the channel average. The format has also recently re-launched in Turkey on Fox TV and Belgium on Vier 4.
- The Q bolsters its original content offering; Announces first TV original ‘Crime Aur Kanoon’ 179 views | posted on July 20, 2021
- Astro launches its new Ultra Plug & Play Box 166 views | posted on July 23, 2021
- iQiyi reveals brand-new Chinese language drama slate 143 views | posted on July 21, 2021
- Asia’s e-sports broadcasters unlock an exciting world of gameplay 104 views | posted on July 20, 2021
Asian Television Awards
- Here are your winners for the 25th Asian Television Awards – Day One by Monina Eugenio | posted on January 16, 2021
- The 25th Asian Television Awards ends on a high note with Entertainment and Performance Category winners announced by Monina Eugenio | posted on January 17, 2021
- Asian Television Awards to hold its 25th awards ceremony in Phnom Penh, Cambodia by Monina Eugenio | posted on July 7, 2020
- The Asian Television Awards announces Facebook as official industry partner by TVA Editor | posted on May 11, 2021