ITV Studios Global Entertainment (ITVS GE) has signed a new deal for hit ITV Studios format Come Dine With Me. Indian broadcaster Star India Private Limited has commissioned a 40 x 30’ series from Miditech to air on the Star Network.
The deal marks the first time a local version of the format has been made in Asia and brings the total number of international territories producing the show to 36.
According to a research report published by Digital TV Research, Come Dine With Me is the top TV format in Europe. ITV Studios Australia has also been recommissioned to produce a fourth (6 x 60’) series for Foxtel’s Lifestyle Channel to air in 2013 after the series proved popular with 16-34 year olds, achieving a 1.1% share, an uplift of 267% on the channel average. The format has also recently re-launched in Turkey on Fox TV and Belgium on Vier 4.
- ViacomCBS consumer products bolster Asia team with new hires 60 views | posted on May 7, 2021
- Disney+ Hotstar set to launch in Malaysia on 1 June 48 views | posted on May 4, 2021
- TFC tops Comscore’s TV viewing engagement for Filipino networks in multicultural Asian households in the US in March 2021 44 views | posted on May 4, 2021
- Tencent’s WeTV now available on Zeasn’s Whale Eco 34 views | posted on May 7, 2021
Asian Television Awards
- Here are your winners for the 25th Asian Television Awards – Day One by Monina Eugenio | posted on January 16, 2021
- The 25th Asian Television Awards ends on a high note with Entertainment and Performance Category winners announced by Monina Eugenio | posted on January 17, 2021
- Asian Television Awards to hold its 25th awards ceremony in Phnom Penh, Cambodia by Monina Eugenio | posted on July 7, 2020
- The 25th Asian Television Awards receives nominations from across the Asia Pacific by TVA Editor | posted on December 16, 2020