Halifax, Los Angeles, London, Toronto, Vancouver – DHX Media, independent producer, distributor and licensor of mainly children’s entertainment content, has signed a deal with China Mobile Entertainment (CME) and Alebrije Entertainment LLC for a new SVOD edutainment channel on PPTV, to extend the reach of its key brands into the Chinese market.
PPTV has a registered user base of 300 million and PPLive is one of the largest OTT content distribution networks in the region. The deal encompasses over 900 episodes from series including Arthur, Caillou, The Busy World of Richard Scarry, Care Bears, Madeline and Where on Earth is Carmen San Diego. A number of DHX Media properties such as Super WHY!, Inspector Gadget and Sonic the Hedgehog already have a Mandarin-language presence in China on SVOD platforms including Cheers Media, Qiyi TV and Beijing Kanngiongsneng.
- CJ ENM Hong Kong partners with iQIYI International to bring tvN movies SVOD service regionally 103 views | posted on August 7, 2020
- MediaHub Australia celebrates 10th year anniversary with more success and services 79 views | posted on August 7, 2020
- Multiple-award winning Thai film ‘Bad Genius’ has been turned into a 12-part series on Dimsum Entertainment’s platform 63 views | posted on August 6, 2020
- David Elder appointed GM at Silver Trak Digital New Zealand 51 views | posted on August 7, 2020
Asian Television Awards
- Asian Television Awards to hold its 25th awards ceremony in Phnom Penh, Cambodia posted on July 7, 2020