Sony Pictures Television announces key personnel movements
Los Angeles – Sony Pictures Television (SPT) has announced three senior executive moves within its distribution business across Asia-Pacific: Angel Orengo has been promoted to executive vice president, distribution, Asia-Pacific, with oversight of SPT’s sales efforts across the entire region; James Farrell has been promoted to senior vice president, distribution, Japan; and Mark Young has been upped to senior vice president, distribution, Australia and New Zealand.
In his new role, Orengo will oversee the distribution of SPT’s vast catalog of programming and formats to free TV broadcasters, basic cable channels, pay-TV platforms and new media clients across Asia-Pacific. He will continue to lead in-country sales teams in Hong Kong, Sydney, Mumbai, Beijing, Seoul and Tokyo.
Farrell, for his part, has relocated from Toronto to Tokyo for his new role. He will be responsible for leading all sales functions across multiple distribution platforms including free, pay, digital, online and mobile, in addition to managing format sales in Japan. Young, on the other hand, will manage all sales of SPT content and SPT-owned formats to networks and other partners for the Australia and New Zealand markets.
- GMA News and GMA Public Affairs are the top online news outlets in the Philippines 188 views | posted on August 4, 2020
- New young adult basketball mini-series ‘Fly The Jumper’ broke record viewerships 112 views | posted on August 3, 2020
- Astro: Agility in adapting to the new world 103 views | posted on August 3, 2020
- ABP News lights up the weekends with a slew of fresh programming 43 views | posted on August 3, 2020
Asian Television Awards
- Asian Television Awards to hold its 25th awards ceremony in Phnom Penh, Cambodia posted on July 7, 2020