SES expands payload capacity with new satellite launch
Luxembourg – SES has successfully launched its new ASTRA 2F satellite on Friday, September 28, on board an Ariane 5 rocket from Kourou, French Guiana. This is SES’ 36th successful launch on Ariane and its 52nd satellite in orbit.
Built by Astrium and carrying Ku- and Ka-band payloads for the delivery of high-performance DTH and next generation broadband services, ASTRA 2F is the first of a three-satellite investment programme (ASTRA 2E, 2F and 2G) that provides replacement and growth capacity for the UK and Ireland at the 28.2°E/28.5°E neighbourhood. By October next year, the new satellites in this neighbourhood will also use additional frequency spectrum for which the right of use was granted to SES by Media Broadcast pursuant to an agreement entered into in 2005.
- Flame bids farewell to its founder John Caldon 69 views | posted on February 22, 2021
- U-NEXT enters licensing partnership with ViacomCBS for a selection of new series from SHOWTIME® to premiere in Japan 61 views | posted on February 22, 2021
- Disney+ officially starts streaming in Singapore on 23 February 60 views | posted on February 24, 2021
- ‘Tales of Arcadia: 3Below’ premieres on DreamWorks on 1 March 57 views | posted on February 22, 2021
Asian Television Awards
- Here are your winners for the 25th Asian Television Awards – Day One by Monina Eugenio | posted on January 16, 2021
- The 25th Asian Television Awards ends on a high note with Entertainment and Performance Category winners announced by Monina Eugenio | posted on January 17, 2021
- 25th Asian Television Awards spotlight: ATA Director S.S. Vikneshwaran by Monina Eugenio | posted on December 28, 2020
- The 25th Asian Television Awards receives nominations from across the Asia Pacific by TVA Editor | posted on December 16, 2020