Cannes – Scripps Networks International has announced a number of new programming deals for two of its international channel brands. Food Network UK is strengthening its original programming slate by commissioning its fourth original production, Jonathan Phang’s Caribbean Cookbook (working title), starring the charismatic TV personality and self-taught chef, Jonathan Phang.
Travel Channel International is also bolstering its line-up by acquiring five new U.S. Travel Channel series including Bert the Conqueror, Off Limits and Bizarre Foods America for 2012, as well as greenlighting its first Asian commission, Destination Wedding, hosted by former Miss Malaysia, Debbie Henry.
The new commissions and acquisitions reinforce Scripps Networks International’s commitment to offering high-quality programming to worldwide audiences across its multiple global channels.
The (10 x 30’) programme Jonathan Phang’s Caribbean Cookbook (working title) follows the host as he criss-crosses the Caribbean in search of adventure, exotic islands, local food heroes and the finest recipes in world cuisine. The programme represents the lifestyle network’s fourth original commission.
- Australia’s Nine Network, Taiwan’s Chunghwa Telecom set to broadcast Sonar’s eSports sci-fi series – ‘Interface’ 305 views | posted on October 16, 2020
- Star Stable Entertainment partners with animation studio Ferly for short-form series adaptation of ‘Mistfall’ 64 views | posted on October 16, 2020
- Netflix picks up Philippine adaptation of ‘Descendants of the Sun’ aired on GMA Network 54 views | posted on October 19, 2020
- Celestial Tiger Entertainment announces its first original production on Thrill – ‘Model Family’ 50 views | posted on October 16, 2020
Asian Television Awards
- Asian Television Awards to hold its 25th awards ceremony in Phnom Penh, Cambodia by Monina Eugenio | posted on July 7, 2020
- Asian Television Awards broadcaster spotlight: Bangkok Broadcasting & T.V. Co., Ltd. by Monina Eugenio | posted on August 15, 2020