Sydney – Olympic swimmer Ian Thorpe will make a special appearance at MIPCOM on Monday for the launch of ABC Commercial’s documentary Ian Thorpe: The Swimmer (1 x 56’ HD).
Directed by Gregor Jordan, Ian Thorpe: The Swimmer is an honest and intimate portrayal of the legendary swimmer as he fails in his Olympic comeback mission but rediscovers a love of swimming. Friends and filmmakers interviewed and filmed ‘Thorpey’ as he trained, secretly at first, then competed in lead-up events to the Olympic Trials in March 2012. The documentary reveals Thorpe’s inner struggles – not just to swim fast but to rewrite his sporting legend, re-engage with the public and, most intriguing of all, discover a different relationship with the water and learn to love swimming again.
- TechStorm kickstarts 2021 with a bang as it launches on Malaysia’s latest direct-to-home platform Sirius TV 386 views | posted on January 11, 2021
- Bidya Sinha Mim and Pritom Hasan starrer ZEE5 Original ‘WTFry’ premieres on ZEE5 77 views | posted on January 11, 2021
- ZEASN and Line TV partner to bring trending content to smart TVs 76 views | posted on January 11, 2021
- 25th Asian Television Awards spotlight: ATA Producer Alan Eucharis Choo 53 views | posted on January 11, 2021
Asian Television Awards
- Here are your winners for the 25th Asian Television Awards – Day One by Monina Eugenio | posted on January 16, 2021
- 25th Asian Television Awards spotlight: ATA Producer Alan Eucharis Choo by Monina Eugenio | posted on January 11, 2021
- The 25th Asian Television Awards receives nominations from across the Asia Pacific by TVA Editor | posted on December 16, 2020
- 25th Asian Television Awards spotlight: ATA Director S.S. Vikneshwaran by Monina Eugenio | posted on December 28, 2020