Sydney – Olympic swimmer Ian Thorpe will make a special appearance at MIPCOM on Monday for the launch of ABC Commercial’s documentary Ian Thorpe: The Swimmer (1 x 56’ HD).
Directed by Gregor Jordan, Ian Thorpe: The Swimmer is an honest and intimate portrayal of the legendary swimmer as he fails in his Olympic comeback mission but rediscovers a love of swimming. Friends and filmmakers interviewed and filmed ‘Thorpey’ as he trained, secretly at first, then competed in lead-up events to the Olympic Trials in March 2012. The documentary reveals Thorpe’s inner struggles – not just to swim fast but to rewrite his sporting legend, re-engage with the public and, most intriguing of all, discover a different relationship with the water and learn to love swimming again.
- GMA News and GMA Public Affairs are the top online news outlets in the Philippines 193 views | posted on August 4, 2020
- New young adult basketball mini-series ‘Fly The Jumper’ broke record viewerships 113 views | posted on August 3, 2020
- Astro: Agility in adapting to the new world 103 views | posted on August 3, 2020
- ABP News lights up the weekends with a slew of fresh programming 44 views | posted on August 3, 2020
Asian Television Awards
- Asian Television Awards to hold its 25th awards ceremony in Phnom Penh, Cambodia posted on July 7, 2020