Bangkok –After visits by Thailand Film Office staff to film markets in Hong Kong, London, Cannes France and Los Angeles, the first five months of 2012 have shown a 17.5 percent increase over the entire Film Office revenue for 2011. Revenue from all foreign productions, feature films, TV series, documentaries, commercials and music videos in 2011 amounted to US$ 39.6 million. From January to May 2012, revenue from foreign productions has amounted to US$46.5 million.
Productions from Japan (59), India (50) and Europe (48) led the way in this period.
At the recent Association of Film Commissioners International (AFCI) Locations Show in Los Angeles, the first day of the two-day event saw many producers in talks with Thailand Film Office staff regarding bringing their productions to Thailand in late 2012 – 2013. AFCI announced over 2,500 visitors to the 200-plus exhibitors, including some 170 film commissions from over 40 countries.
- Firstlight Media teams with Google Cloud to deliver next-gen OTT 35 views | posted on January 21, 2021
- A+E Networks® continues commitment to women in front of and behind the camera with ‘Women in Global Entertainment (WGE): Power Profile’ at virtual NATPE 2021 33 views | posted on January 22, 2021
- Rising Asia keeps the region prolific with diverse content 31 views | posted on January 22, 2021
- Banijay Rights new sales structure in LATAM, Canada, and German-speaking territories 26 views | posted on January 25, 2021
Asian Television Awards
- Here are your winners for the 25th Asian Television Awards – Day One by Monina Eugenio | posted on January 16, 2021
- The 25th Asian Television Awards ends on a high note with Entertainment and Performance Category winners announced by Monina Eugenio | posted on January 17, 2021
- 25th Asian Television Awards spotlight: ATA Director S.S. Vikneshwaran by Monina Eugenio | posted on December 28, 2020
- The 25th Asian Television Awards receives nominations from across the Asia Pacific by TVA Editor | posted on December 16, 2020