Disney Media Distribution to extend Oscar telecast to 2020
California – Disney Media Distribution (DMD) and the Academy of Motion Picture Arts and Sciences have extended their agreement for DMD to distribute the annual Academy Awards telecast internationally through 2020, announced Tom Sherak, Academy president and Anne Sweeney, president of the Disney/ABC Television Group.
In February 2012, a worldwide audience of hundreds of millions experienced the Academy Awards in more than 225 international territories via a variety of both traditional broadcast outlets and new emerging video-on-demand and online streaming platforms. Academy Awards for outstanding film achievements of 2012 will be presented on February 24, 2013, at the Dolby Theatre at Hollywood & Highland Center, and televised live on the ABC Television Network.
In 2011, the Academy and the ABC Television Network signed a domestic rights agreement which also extended their contract through 2020.
- HBO confirmed as official partner on ‘Miss Fisher’s Murder Mysteries’ spin-off ‘Miss S’ 64 views | posted on September 16, 2020
- Spackman Entertainment Group’s ‘#ALIVE’ number one on Netflix globally 50 views | posted on September 15, 2020
- ZEASN announces brand-new Smart TV App Store V3.0 34 views | posted on September 18, 2020
- ABP Network focuses on telling inspiring stories gleaned from across the nation 32 views | posted on September 16, 2020
Asian Television Awards
- Asian Television Awards broadcaster spotlight: Bangkok Broadcasting & T.V. Co., Ltd. by Monina Eugenio | posted on August 15, 2020
- Asian Television Awards to hold its 25th awards ceremony in Phnom Penh, Cambodia by Monina Eugenio | posted on July 7, 2020