Singapore – Regional broadcaster Channel NewsAsia has appointed veteran journalist and award-winning programme-maker Lian Pek as Chief Editor. As Chief Editor, Pek sets the editorial direction and oversees production of English news for Channel NewsAsia and sister channel, MediaCorp Channel 5.
Pek joins Channel NewsAsia after a distinguished career in news and current affairs, having held leading editorial and anchor positions at international news organizations such as CNN International, Bloomberg Financial News and Aljazeera English. Besides broadcast news, Pek is recognised for her award-winning work in the documentary and film space. She started her career at the then Television Corporation of Singapore, where she launched and anchored its first daily business news bulletin.
The appointment comes as the channel is expanding its programming and services. In an earlier announcement, the channel had said it was extending its programming hours, and broadcasting LIVE 24 hours a day from January 2013.
- Viddsee announces content partnership with Indonesia’s RCTI+ 58 views | posted on August 12, 2020
- GoDaddy and AXN launch Philippine reality show to jump-start Filipino entrepreneurs 58 views | posted on August 13, 2020
- On Viu in August: Latest releases include three K-drama series, award-winning Indonesian films 52 views | posted on August 11, 2020
- Grabyo supports Mediacorp in providing multi-platform coverage of the Singapore General Election 2020 40 views | posted on August 11, 2020
Asian Television Awards
- Asian Television Awards to hold its 25th awards ceremony in Phnom Penh, Cambodia posted on July 7, 2020