ABS-CBN dominates TV ratings in the Philippines this June
According to Kantar Media’s new data, ABS-CBN Corporation, the country’s largest multimedia conglomerate, dominated TV viewing in the Philippines in June and pulled away from its rival GMA nationwide.
Kantar Media, one of the country’s leading TV audience measurement providers, now has total of 6.315 million homes in rural areas across the Philippines (North Luzon, Central Luzon, South Luzon, Visayas and Mindanao) adding to its existing 8.820 million homes in urban areas, bringing the total TV universe to 15.135 million homes. Kantar Media’s audience panel now covers and represents 100 percent of the total Philippine TV viewing population.
Data from the research agency’s combined urban and rural TV audience measurement survey showed that ABS-CBN’s average national audience share hit 42% on total day or a ten-point lead versus GMA with 32%. ABS-CBN strengthened its performance, especially in the last week of June, where it obtained an average audience share of 43% from June 24-30 against GMA’s 31%.
During primetime (6PM to 12MN) in June, ABS-CBN hit 51% audience share, almost twice GMA’s audience share of 27%.
- iQIYI presents six new Korean titles to look forward to in April 170 views | posted on April 6, 2021
- ZEASN and New ID to incorporate popular K-content in WhaleLive 77 views | posted on April 8, 2021
- Something Special announces new formats for Spring and MIP 50 views | posted on April 7, 2021
- Zee and Tokyo Broadcasting System announce new co-production partnership 38 views | posted on April 12, 2021
Asian Television Awards
- Here are your winners for the 25th Asian Television Awards – Day One by Monina Eugenio | posted on January 16, 2021
- The 25th Asian Television Awards ends on a high note with Entertainment and Performance Category winners announced by Monina Eugenio | posted on January 17, 2021
- Asian Television Awards to hold its 25th awards ceremony in Phnom Penh, Cambodia by Monina Eugenio | posted on July 7, 2020
- The 25th Asian Television Awards receives nominations from across the Asia Pacific by TVA Editor | posted on December 16, 2020