At midnight on June 30, TVNZ 7, a commercial-free channel, will cease transmission, and will be replaced by TVOne plus 1, a delayed repeat of TVNZ’s flagship channel, on the same frequency. In a statement released on June 20, TVNZ 7 announced that the current commissioned series hosted by Tim Wilson, The Big Idea, will be available on TVNZ Ondemand following the closure of the channel.
A 36,000-signature petition was presented at Parliament by a 200-strong procession on June 28 to protest the closure of the three-year-old channel, according to APN News & Media’s The New Zealand Herald. The Herald also reported that the channel closure was due to the government decision not to continue funding for the channel.
- CJ ENM Hong Kong partners with iQIYI International to bring tvN movies SVOD service regionally 114 views | posted on August 7, 2020
- MediaHub Australia celebrates 10th year anniversary with more success and services 86 views | posted on August 7, 2020
- David Elder appointed GM at Silver Trak Digital New Zealand 54 views | posted on August 7, 2020
- On Viu in August: Latest releases include three K-drama series, award-winning Indonesian films 44 views | posted on August 11, 2020
Asian Television Awards
- Asian Television Awards to hold its 25th awards ceremony in Phnom Penh, Cambodia posted on July 7, 2020