Switzerland – International distributor First Hand Films has finalised co-production deals and pre-sales with broadcasters for the documentary film Beyond the Wave. The doco won the Best Japan Pitch Award at this year’s Asian Side of the Doc.
First Hand Films has entered agreements with NHK (Japan), BBC (UK) and IKON (The Netherlands) who join WDR Cologne as co-production partners. The company has also signed pre-sales with SVT (Sweden), YES (Israel) and Knowledge Network (Canada) and is in negotiations with other broadcasters.
In Beyond the Wave (58’ and 90’), director Kyoko Myake revisits Fukushima to find out the fate of her mother’s hometown post Tsunami devastation, as it risks disappearing off the map. She is puzzled as to why people aren’t angry, and questions whether Western media is right in depicting the Japanese people as just being an obedient nation. Currently in production, the film is produced by Gregor Streiber and is scheduled for delivery in February 2013.
- CJ ENM Hong Kong partners with iQIYI International to bring tvN movies SVOD service regionally 101 views | posted on August 7, 2020
- MediaHub Australia celebrates 10th year anniversary with more success and services 79 views | posted on August 7, 2020
- Multiple-award winning Thai film ‘Bad Genius’ has been turned into a 12-part series on Dimsum Entertainment’s platform 62 views | posted on August 6, 2020
- David Elder appointed GM at Silver Trak Digital New Zealand 50 views | posted on August 7, 2020
Asian Television Awards
- Asian Television Awards to hold its 25th awards ceremony in Phnom Penh, Cambodia posted on July 7, 2020