HISTORY goes on Viking adventure in first scripted series
New York – HISTORY has announced its first ever scripted series Vikings, set to premiere in 2013.
Vikings will chronicle the extraordinary and ferocious world of the mighty Norsemen who raided, traded and explored during medieval times. It follows the adventures of Ragnar Lothbrok, an historical figure, and the greatest hero of his age – and the gripping sagas of Ragnar’s band of Viking brothers and his family – as he rises to become King of the Viking tribes. The series will star Golden Globe Award winner Gabriel Byrne as Earl Haraldson, a Viking leader who will challenge Ragnar Lothbrok.
Vikings is an Irish/Canadian co-production between World 2000 and Take 5 Productions. HISTORY will broadcast it domestically while MGM will serve as the international distributor outside of Ireland and Canada. Shaw Media will be the broadcast partner in Canada, airing the show on HISTORY television.
- The Asia TV Forum & Market and ScreenSingapore officially opens its virtual doors on 1 December 97 views | posted on December 1, 2020
- Viddsee is empowering Asian storytellers through meaningful content 79 views | posted on December 2, 2020
- TechStorm makes landmark debut in Taiwan with Taiwan’s Portico Media and ONLINE MEDIA’s 4gTV 66 views | posted on December 3, 2020
- Astro presents compelling vernacular content for December 49 views | posted on December 3, 2020
Asian Television Awards
- Asian Television Awards to hold its 25th awards ceremony in Phnom Penh, Cambodia by Monina Eugenio | posted on July 7, 2020
- Asian Television Awards broadcaster spotlight: Bangkok Broadcasting & T.V. Co., Ltd. by Monina Eugenio | posted on August 15, 2020