FIC secures exclusive pay-TV rights to Marvel’s The Avengers
Asia – FOX International Channels (FIC) has secured the exclusive pay-TV rights for Marvel Studio’s latest superhero film The Avengers. The hit film will be broadcasted on FIC’s leading movie channel, FOX Movies Premium, across Hong Kong, Taiwan and Southeast Asia.
The Avengers, which stars Robert Downey, Jr. (Iron Man), Chris Evans (Captain America), Mark Ruffalo (The Hulk), Chris Hemsworth (Thor), Scarlett Johansson (Black Widow), Jeremy Renner (Hawkeye), Tom Hiddleston (Loki), and Samuel L. Jackson (Nick Fury), has shattered the domestic opening weekend records of all time with $207.4 million for May 4-6, according to The Walt Disney Studios. In just 12 days, the film breached the $600 million threshold at the global box office with a cumulative worldwide gross of an estimated $654.8 million.
- Flame bids farewell to its founder John Caldon 61 views | posted on February 22, 2021
- U-NEXT enters licensing partnership with ViacomCBS for a selection of new series from SHOWTIME® to premiere in Japan 58 views | posted on February 22, 2021
- ‘Tales of Arcadia: 3Below’ premieres on DreamWorks on 1 March 53 views | posted on February 22, 2021
- Disney+ officially starts streaming in Singapore on 23 February 49 views | posted on February 24, 2021
Asian Television Awards
- Here are your winners for the 25th Asian Television Awards – Day One by Monina Eugenio | posted on January 16, 2021
- The 25th Asian Television Awards ends on a high note with Entertainment and Performance Category winners announced by Monina Eugenio | posted on January 17, 2021
- 25th Asian Television Awards spotlight: ATA Director S.S. Vikneshwaran by Monina Eugenio | posted on December 28, 2020
- The 25th Asian Television Awards receives nominations from across the Asia Pacific by TVA Editor | posted on December 16, 2020