Walt Disney China named founding partner of local animation initiative
Shanghai, China and Burbank, California – The Walt Disney Company in China has announced its role as a founding partner of “The Animation Creative Research and Development Cooperation” initiative together with the Ministry of Culture’s China Animation Group and Tencent, China’s largest internet service portal, at a signing ceremony held in Beijing.
The initiative aims to advance the animation industry in China, train local talent and promote the development of Chinese content and franchises to an international standard.
“The National Animation Creative Research and Development initiative is focused on nurturing local talent and recognizes the importance of developing original local animation content,” said Andy Bird, Chairman Walt Disney International. “As founding partner, we look forward to working with China Animation Group and Tencent in taking Chinese stories to China and the world.”
- GMA News and GMA Public Affairs are the top online news outlets in the Philippines 193 views | posted on August 4, 2020
- New young adult basketball mini-series ‘Fly The Jumper’ broke record viewerships 113 views | posted on August 3, 2020
- Astro: Agility in adapting to the new world 103 views | posted on August 3, 2020
- ABP News lights up the weekends with a slew of fresh programming 44 views | posted on August 3, 2020
Asian Television Awards
- Asian Television Awards to hold its 25th awards ceremony in Phnom Penh, Cambodia posted on July 7, 2020