Walt Disney China named founding partner of local animation initiative
Shanghai, China and Burbank, California – The Walt Disney Company in China has announced its role as a founding partner of “The Animation Creative Research and Development Cooperation” initiative together with the Ministry of Culture’s China Animation Group and Tencent, China’s largest internet service portal, at a signing ceremony held in Beijing.
The initiative aims to advance the animation industry in China, train local talent and promote the development of Chinese content and franchises to an international standard.
“The National Animation Creative Research and Development initiative is focused on nurturing local talent and recognizes the importance of developing original local animation content,” said Andy Bird, Chairman Walt Disney International. “As founding partner, we look forward to working with China Animation Group and Tencent in taking Chinese stories to China and the world.”
- TechStorm kickstarts 2021 with a bang as it launches on Malaysia’s latest direct-to-home platform Sirius TV 386 views | posted on January 11, 2021
- Bidya Sinha Mim and Pritom Hasan starrer ZEE5 Original ‘WTFry’ premieres on ZEE5 77 views | posted on January 11, 2021
- ZEASN and Line TV partner to bring trending content to smart TVs 76 views | posted on January 11, 2021
- 25th Asian Television Awards spotlight: ATA Producer Alan Eucharis Choo 53 views | posted on January 11, 2021
Asian Television Awards
- Here are your winners for the 25th Asian Television Awards – Day One by Monina Eugenio | posted on January 16, 2021
- 25th Asian Television Awards spotlight: ATA Producer Alan Eucharis Choo by Monina Eugenio | posted on January 11, 2021
- The 25th Asian Television Awards receives nominations from across the Asia Pacific by TVA Editor | posted on December 16, 2020
- 25th Asian Television Awards spotlight: ATA Director S.S. Vikneshwaran by Monina Eugenio | posted on December 28, 2020