Tokyo – Discovery Networks Asia-Pacific (DNAP) recently presented the finished films for their Rebuilding Japan initiative at a special international media screening event in Tokyo, attended by the local filmmakers and personalities involved in the project.
The series tells inspirational stories on the country’s recovery efforts captured from a Japanese point of view. From tradition to technology and manufacturing to motorsports, Rebuilding Japan features six half-hour episodes woven together by a common thread – the theme of hope in the face of adversity.
As previously reported, DNAP also partnered with Japanese public broadcaster NHK and Singapore-based production company Bang Singapore, to co-produce a special that will premiere as part of the initiative called Beyond the Tsunami with Ken Watanabe. The half-hour documentary follows Watanabe as he visits the northeastern region of Tohoku region to witness Japan’s recovery from the disasters.
Both programmes will premiere in Asia Pacific from March 4 and are also slated to air across Europe.
- Astro launches its new Ultra Plug & Play Box 247 views | posted on July 23, 2021
- ABS-CBN News online and ‘TV Patrol’ expand global news coverage with TFC News overseas segments 77 views | posted on July 22, 2021
- Voot Select brings the largest-ever direct-to-OTT Film Festival in India 77 views | posted on July 23, 2021
- BBC World News relaunches flagship programme ‘Newsday’ 68 views | posted on July 22, 2021
Asian Television Awards
- Here are your winners for the 25th Asian Television Awards – Day One by Monina Eugenio | posted on January 16, 2021
- The 25th Asian Television Awards ends on a high note with Entertainment and Performance Category winners announced by Monina Eugenio | posted on January 17, 2021
- Asian Television Awards to hold its 25th awards ceremony in Phnom Penh, Cambodia by Monina Eugenio | posted on July 7, 2020
- The Asian Television Awards announces Facebook as official industry partner by TVA Editor | posted on May 11, 2021