Tokyo – Discovery Networks Asia-Pacific (DNAP) recently presented the finished films for their Rebuilding Japan initiative at a special international media screening event in Tokyo, attended by the local filmmakers and personalities involved in the project.
The series tells inspirational stories on the country’s recovery efforts captured from a Japanese point of view. From tradition to technology and manufacturing to motorsports, Rebuilding Japan features six half-hour episodes woven together by a common thread – the theme of hope in the face of adversity.
As previously reported, DNAP also partnered with Japanese public broadcaster NHK and Singapore-based production company Bang Singapore, to co-produce a special that will premiere as part of the initiative called Beyond the Tsunami with Ken Watanabe. The half-hour documentary follows Watanabe as he visits the northeastern region of Tohoku region to witness Japan’s recovery from the disasters.
Both programmes will premiere in Asia Pacific from March 4 and are also slated to air across Europe.
- Hong Kong FILMART Online to open on 15 March 82 views | posted on March 3, 2021
- Medialink granted exclusive distribution rights to ‘TSUKIMICHI -Moonlight Fantasy-‘ and ‘Joran The Princess of Snow and Blood’ from Nippon TV in Asia territories excluding Korea 40 views | posted on March 8, 2021
- Lee Seung-gi makes K-drama comeback with ‘Mouse’ to be aired on tvN 37 views | posted on March 3, 2021
- Encore Singapore off to a flying start 37 views | posted on March 4, 2021
Asian Television Awards
- Here are your winners for the 25th Asian Television Awards – Day One by Monina Eugenio | posted on January 16, 2021
- The 25th Asian Television Awards ends on a high note with Entertainment and Performance Category winners announced by Monina Eugenio | posted on January 17, 2021
- 25th Asian Television Awards spotlight: ATA Director S.S. Vikneshwaran by Monina Eugenio | posted on December 28, 2020
- The 25th Asian Television Awards receives nominations from across the Asia Pacific by TVA Editor | posted on December 16, 2020